Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Cmd line tut is enough for most new users?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 100.00%
  • No

0 0%
I have a tut going on new user cmd line stuff. If you guys could read http://www.this_site_does_not_exist/viewtopic.php?t=75 and let me know here what you think should be added or is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    flw
    Linux Engineer

cmd line tut enough- poll?

I have a tut going on new user cmd line stuff. If you guys could read http://www.this_site_does_not_exist/viewtopic.php?t=75 and let me know here what you think should be added or is it enough for new users faced with the command line? There is plenty of other things I can be focusing on, so if its enough that fine with me.

Thank,
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

Linux Guru
    It is a guide for navigating around the command line, i use it as a handy reference sheet, pretty good the way it is IMO.

I would leave it be, too much could confuse the end reader.

J

Just Joined!
    Yah FLW, It's great. Not too long yet not quite that short. I'm actually going to print it out and put it up on the wall of quick papers and cheat sheets

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Have added just a few lately. One I use daily is "read" since I telnet to the server and get interupted all the time only to come back seeing my session has timed out. "read" works great for stopping the timeout process for a telnet session, I don't remember if I've tried it with ssh but I think it would still work fine. If I get busy, just type "read" and press enter.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"