Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree2Likes
I've always thought H.L. Mencken was a good source for funny and enlightened quotes, especially about American culture/politics and especially if you share his absurdist view of the world. Two ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I've always thought H.L. Mencken was a good source for funny and enlightened quotes, especially about American culture/politics and especially if you share his absurdist view of the world.

Two of my favorites are: "Nature abhors a moron." and what is written on his epitaph, "If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl."

So I got emailed and chastised for not listing quotes by women on my website. I'm guilty of the oversight. Here is a quote from the Peace Pilgrim for the newlyweds.

" Pure love is a willingness to give without a thought of receiving anything in return."
    Lakshmipathi likes this.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Just Joined!

Memorable quote

"I aint no Janitor, I don't do Windows"
    Some one must have said it at some time.

As you traverse this life please try to remember that there are no absolute mistakes; there are only errors in your percieved judgement as to the likely outcomes of your actions!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Just Joined!

Your quotes are amazing netstrider

Quote Originally Posted by netstrider View Post
    I don't know who wrote all these quotes, perhaps you can search them up on the net but I found them rather good and have saved them for myself over time in a textfile.

I liked your way of humour and intelligence can you give some more quotes like this.

The fundemental laws of magick, expressed by too many to count throughout history, paraphrased and updated:

1) Truly know yourself. (How many of us can truly say we do?)

2) I will it, so must it be. (Think about it, this is the basis of pretty much every self help book and all modern psychology.)

3) Do as you wish so long as it harms no one. (I'm a Libertarian.)

4) Everything you do will be returned to you three times over in like kind. (It will all catch up to you sooner or later.)

And before everybody flames me: No, I don't believe in Hocus Pocus. But, you can have worse words to live by.

There is no safety this side of the grave - Robert Heinlein - Stranger in a Strange Land.

You do not beg the Sun for mercy - Frank Herbert - Fremen Saying

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right. -Isaac Asimov

Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, it doesn't go away. -Philip K. Dick

Never throw excrement at a Man with a loaded gun.
    Never stand next to a man who is throwing excrement at a Man with a Loaded Gun. - Larry Niven

I'd rather have a gun and not need it. Then have a need for a gun and not have it. - Unknown
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

"When the end of the world comes, I want to be in Kentucky, because everything there happens 20 years after it happens anywhere else."
    --Mark Twain
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Water which is too pure has no fish.

Rich manure can fertilize fields which will feed millions.

The Monk.

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    There is no safety this side of the grave - Robert Heinlein - Stranger in a Strange Land.
    One of the best books out there.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5