Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Speaking as an ordinary end-user who dual boots Win XP and RH 9, I had my share of woes using XP. Just when I had removed all the worms and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Speaking as an ordinary end-user who dual boots Win XP and RH 9, I had my share of woes using XP. Just when I had removed all the worms and viruses that invaded my pc and installed yet more patches and updates to winxp, they declared in a panic that more problems (read security holes) had been found and I would need more patches.
    I was spending more time securing my os and chasing out the invaders than doing any useful work. Just when I settled down, Windows started rebooting on its own and I had a long painful lesson in DCOM servers and how to disable them.
    All in all, a raw deal.

Well if you have a firewall and just dont read the important site changes atachments, use real browsers and mail clients and you will be fine. I use windows never ever have problems with it and never got a virus (Althogh i did get a trojan when i first started using a comp, damn warez sites).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2