Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
The one that is at the very top of my 'must-see list' for 2009, is the upcoming " Beyond the Horizon " co-written by Sir Stephen W. Hawking . It ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Adrift in an ever-expanding universe, quietly contemplating the wondrous and the inevitable.

The one that is at the very top of my 'must-see list' for 2009, is the upcoming "Beyond the Horizon" co-written by Sir Stephen W. Hawking. It will be shown first in the UK, then here in the US (in IMAX theaters only).

It will be a feature "Dramamentary" based on the life's work of Albert Einstein, Richard Feynman, Stephen Hawking, and countless others. It will basically attempt to portray some of the most advanced and complex subject matter extant, in a way that will make it accessible to the man on the street. That, for those who don't know, has pretty much been Stephen Hawking's modus operandi all along. The movie will feature dialogue, narrative, and lots of state-of -the-art CGI. CGI will be courtesy of Craig Barron, the same guy who was one of the the CGI geniuses behind Raiders of The Lost Ark, X-men, Empire Strikes Back, Mummy Returns, and others.

The film takes the format of a first-person perspective. The perspective is that of a young female journalist, born in New Delhi, and now living and working in England. She is tasked to write a feature article on cosmology and the meaning of life, cast in the backdrop of Einstein's 100th birthday. She interviews Hawking and what she expects to be a boring event, instead becomes an eye-opener, as Hawking and company expound on the many mysteries of the cosmos, from the largest phenomenom; (multiverses), down to the smallest: atomic particles and quarks. The film will demonstrate how the entirety fits together to form the cosmos.

Hawking will broach several interesting and controversial topics, such as the nature of space-time, the big bang, black holes, quantum mechanics, the fate of galaxies in an expanding universe, dark matter, the ultimate fate of the universe, the possibility of parallel universes and more. The project has some pretty heavy hitters supporting it. NASA, the Hubble Space Telescope Institute, MIT, Harvard, the University of Utah, Silicon Graphics Inc. and the deep pockets of the executive producer, David Allen, and the production company Universe Partners. I'm sure there are others I've somehow forgotten to mention. For those interested, the project has it's own website here

I expect to see this film at least 3 or 4 times during it's first run. Woo-hoo!

qv

Just Joined!
    Hmmmmmm great detailed desciption

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    That looks like the definition of "a must see"
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

I watched Lakeview Terrace, Bdecker0922. I thought the movie was well made and well acted but I found the main subject matter somewhat distasteful. It reminded me of people who wake up every morning and rerun an episode of their lives through their minds so that they can replentish their bad attitude. Then they go out into society and try to make everyone as miserable as they are.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Just Joined!
    Thank you for your thoughts, Cousinlucky!! I was wondering what you thought of it. I don't think the subject matter really caught my attention as distasteful simply because of recent experiences...sometimes, for a while anyway, you can not help but hold onto episodes in your life. ...not meaning that you should make everyone miserable. Thank you for your insight, I just wasn't as impressed as everyone else and wanted to see what a fellow forum friend thought.

The wife and I finally got around to watching Wall-E last night. It was cute, but some of our geekier friends had made it out to be a lot better than it ended up being. That's not to say it was bad by any means, just not up to the hype. This one won't be going in my BluRay collection.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    I very much enjoyed The Fall, it's more of a film and to some would be boring but the visuals are dazzling and there is a good story. Check it out

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    I Wanna see Eagle Eye, that just looks so awesome.
    It is Ok but not great.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by measekite View Post
    It is Ok but not great.
    I agree with you

"Beyond the Horizon
    Sounds like its right up my alley questo. Thanks.

I have just rewatched "The Grapes of Wrath" with a new perspective considering our times. Was Impressed on how things remain the same no matter what century we live in.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast