Find the answer to your Linux question:
LinuxKidX is a LiveCD with possibility to install on hard disk based on Slackware Linux. The distribution has few games suite to kids from 2 to 12 years old. The ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

LinuxKidX - An educational Linux Distribution to children

LinuxKidX is a LiveCD with possibility to install on hard disk based on Slackware Linux. The distribution has few games suite to kids from 2 to 12 years old.
    The idea appeared during the university project by students Alexandre Pereira and Robson Maniasso, after a research on internet found out that exists a few Linux distributions to children, so that appeared the idea to personalize the Slackware and create a Linux distribution to children with a friendly interface and with educational games.
    The whole process of create the distribution was hard because there was the necessity to create a operating system thats recognize the machine's hardware automatically and stay ready to user work, without the necessity to install drivers and configure the operating system. Some scripts were developed to that happens, LinuKidX gets to recognize the hardware, choose the best video configuration and mount all partition and USB devices automatically.
    The distribution has the suites, childsplay, gcompris, kde-edu and the graphics application tux paint to create pictures independent and also an advanced graphics suite, Gimp. Also the distribution has Google Earth and Amsn installed.

The first version of LinuxKidX was created just on Portuguese, but as the project have always been developing , appeared the idea to make public the distribution around the world, so that was created a English version . But is possible change the idiom just installing the package of idiom from KDE and change the language on control center on KDE. Also is possible install the distribution on hard disk with another operating system already installed.

As Slackware, LinuxKidX doesn't have beta versions, all versions are stable and without errors.

More information about the distribution access the LinuxKidX blog

LinuxKidX

If you like of distribution descriptions access the link below and download the LiveCD.

SourceForge.net: LinuxKidX: Files

Also you can help keep the project alive donating any money by link below:

SourceForge.net: Project Donations: LinuxKidX

Enjoy with LinuxKidX

Just Joined!
    I am downloading it for my Son's computer. I noticed it is 1.5 GHz. Could take a bit of time to download.

Just Joined!
    We from LinuxKidX uploaded a video on youtube, to know a little about LinuxKidX access the link below:

YouTube - LinuxKidX - An educational Linux distribution

Enjoy!

Thank you very much...for informing as well as developing

Is it possible to download it via p2p network (Torrent to be specific)? As because I would like to use it but I can not download it at one shot becuase of bandwidth issue.

Just Joined!
    It seems there was a link to download it through torrent. Check on one of the links above and you should be able to find it. I haven't set torrent up yet so I didn't try that option.

Quote Originally Posted by kenc3
    It seems there was a link to download it through torrent. Check on one of the links above and you should be able to find it. I haven't set torrent up yet so I didn't try that option.
    I tried the links posted above, but i could not find the one using which I can download through torrent

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by src2206 View Post
    Thank you very much...for informing as well as developing

Is it possible to download it via p2p network (Torrent to be specific)? As because I would like to use it but I can not download it at one shot becuase of bandwidth issue.
    Hi, We don't have LinuxKidX available to download by torrent because we don't have how to share it. I suggest getting it using a download manager like free download manager or another.

We from LinuxKidX team appreciate all comments and suggestions.

Thank you all to download LinuxKidX

Just Joined!
    I seem to have made a mistake on my first post about the size of the file. I just looked and it is 524 Mb. Can you download that without Torrent?
    (I was doing a few different versions at the time and may have mixed it up with another one. Sorry.)

I'll try, the trouble is that my connection has a data transfer cap except for a certain time of night, a torrent allows me to pause/restart the download with the file beinmg corrupt whereas in my experience I have seen that large files tend to get corrupted (different Hash values) while download managers are used.

BTW, is there any way to know the hash value of the original file?