Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Nice thread, TechieMoe!! Through the years i have done a lot of things to unwind but I never stuck with one. At my age a deserted shoreline or deserted woodland ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Nice thread, TechieMoe!!

Through the years i have done a lot of things to unwind but I never stuck with one. At my age a deserted shoreline or deserted woodland away from everything and everybody is just fine with me. The critters are comforting to watch and listen to.

Out there everything drains out of my head and I get to be thankful for peace and quiet!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Tchaikovsky.
    Shakespeare
    Alexandre Dumas
    And the ultimate classics: Lord of the Rings, Homer's Odyssey & Iliad.
    Stranger in a Strange Land.

I think I just replied to Moe's question of un-plugging... and gave some fodder for a "Books" thread!
    Last edited by jayd512; 04-25-2009 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Keep thinking of more titles!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Adrift in an ever-expanding universe, quietly contemplating the wondrous and the inevitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    What kind of stuff have you been reading lately, Moe? I've considered starting a "Read Any Good Books Lately?" thread before like the "Seen Any Good Movies Lately?" thread but wasn't sure if we had any big readers here. It could also possibly diverge into some inappropriate political discussion with the mention of certain non-fiction titles but I'm always looking for good books to read.
    Excellent idea, Thrill. I say go for it. In fact, if you don't, I will. I've also considered a "what cool new music are you listening to?" thread. Some of the the best music I've heard in recent years came from a recommend on a forum or in a blog. I don't have time to act on this right now, but if no one has acted by tomorrow I certainly will. For now though, it's laters. Gotta go make some money. Great thread!

qv

A relative of mine has a tradition of having a room in her house where family members can go into and lock the door from the inside and not be disturbed until they choose to come out,
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I hike a lot, and that's an awesome remedy. If I'm aiming strictly for a workout, I'll use my iPod, but I also go out for strolls just to enjoy nature, and those are electronics free. (Except for the emergency GPS in my pack, but if it ain't on, it don't count!)

Get out on the bike.....but demands of work make that very rare. Twice this year in fact.

I like to play chess, and dance salsa and merengue (latin music)... Here in Medellín, Colombia, it is mandatory for a male to dance in order to be able to mate (women here love dancing and not knowing how is bad). My girlfriend and I go out to dance... I also like movies and watching old series (from the 80s)... Cooking also relaxes me....
    -D-

Registered User # 402675

Quote Originally Posted by daacosta View Post
    I like to play chess, and dance salsa and merengue (latin music)... Here in Medellín, Colombia, it is mandatory for a male to dance in order to be able to mate (women here love dancing and not knowing how is bad).
    Phew, am I glad I don't live in Colombia....I'd never be able to continue my lineage.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    Phew, am I glad I don't live in Colombia....I'd never be able to continue my lineage.
    Same here techieMoe, I seems to have two left feet and neither of them know how to dance very well.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Newbie
    I'm up for the chess thing, but not so much for the dancing. My physical grace is limited to the martial arts, but I have been wanting to pick up dancing as something I can do without hurting someone (well, not intentionally). Care to give some dancing lessons, daacosta?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast