Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by ryokimball View Post
    I'm up for the chess thing, but not so much for the dancing. My physical grace is limited to the martial arts, but I have been wanting to pick up dancing as something I can do without hurting someone (well, not intentionally). Care to give some dancing lessons, daacosta?
    Dancing lessons over the Internet are just impossible... I myself took lessons at one academy called "La Magia de Tus Bailes" (Magic of your dances) from a guy. Yes, it is weird to see two men dancing but he taught me what was I supposed to do as a guy: Where to place my hands, how to move, etc. and after a couple of months I was semi-decent and after 6 months I was decent enough to dance with anyone... Fact is, I wasn't going anywhere taking lessons from a girl at the same academy (she just didn't have the male perspective) and despite looking strange I started working with this guy after seeing him dancing (I set myself the goal of dancing like him.)

The "chess thing" is something I have cultivated since I was 6 years old...
    -D-

Registered User # 402675

I haven't been unplugging as much as I'd like lately. The wife and I are in the middle of trying to buy a house, so stress levels are high and tempers are thin. Hopefully once the semester is up my wife will not be as stressed (she's a school teacher and also taking masters classes).
    Registered Linux user #270181

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    The wife and I are in the middle of trying to buy a house, so stress levels are high and tempers are thin.
    Then make sure you get a yard big enough for a garden. You can't beat fresh tomatoes. When I bought my house I purposely got one with no high speed internet. (It'll be around in a couple of years I think.) The amount of productive things I get done now is ridiculous.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by jonantice View Post
    Then make sure you get a yard big enough for a garden. You can't beat fresh tomatoes. When I bought my house I purposely got one with no high speed internet. (It'll be around in a couple of years I think.) The amount of productive things I get done now is ridiculous.
    The one we've bid on (still waiting for an answer) does actually have a cordoned off section in the middle of rear fence line that looks like it used to be a garden. We're considering growing some small stuff, like herbs and maybe tomatoes. My wife loves to cook.

There is disagreement between two relatives about buying a house in the present market. One says that they will be giving houses away in nine months to a year. The other says that in a year the dollar will not buy half of what it can buy now.

Each of their arguments are very rational to my thinking and understanding. If I had the money; instead of buying a house, I would buy a small farm, inland, near a clean river.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    There is disagreement between two relatives about buying a house in the present market. One says that they will be giving houses away in nine months to a year. The other says that in a year the dollar will not buy half of what it can buy now.

Each of their arguments are very rational to my thinking and understanding. If I had the money; instead of buying a house, I would buy a small farm, inland, near a clean river.
    Houses are never going to be given away, but in some parts of the US home values still have a ways to go down. I live in a section of America that really wasn't hit very hard by the real estate boom/bust, so our prices are pretty steady. Lower than previous years, but not by a great deal.

On Staten Island there are a lot of people trying to sell their houses; but no one is buying because the market here is glutted. There are brand new business buildings up with absolutely no tenants in them.

There are families here just abandoning their homes after they give the keys back to the bank. Businesses here are folding up left and right, even supermarkets.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post

If you can find a clean river! With all the cruft sprayed on, plowed into, and dropped on farms these days that gets washed into the rivers and streams, nothing is unpolluted any longer.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

You make a very good point, Rubberman!
    Linux user # 414321

Linux Engineer
    If I'm going to unplug, I unplug. Toss the tent on the back of the Geezer Glide, point it in no particular direction, and ride until I find a nice place to toss the tent up. Heaven!
    Registered Linux user #384279
    Vector Linux SOHO 7