Find the answer to your Linux question:
(I often bore my family to death talking about what I've done using linux, so eh, I'll spare them and write here, )... About 4 months ago I began a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Well, I'll be darned...

(I often bore my family to death talking about what I've done using linux, so eh, I'll spare them and write here, )...

About 4 months ago I began a journey through the land of C, and though I have tried to traverse that rocky terrain about a decade ago I never really made it too far. Now however, I have made more progress through that horrid landscape.

Whilst my excursions through code aplenty, I had found myself multi tasking several xterms, aterms, internet browser with multiple tabs, and several consoles. Thus, I needed to find a more simplistic path to gain a stronger foothold and a greater view of all that lay before me. So I began another journey into the wilderness of WM's, and that is where I had found ion3 and not far from there I was guided to dwm.

Whilst, yet again, traversing through the wilds of code, I had a spark of inspiration. So I began with my .profile and gave it a whirl, now with just a simple insertion of text from my slackware shell I can startx however I wish...

Playing, just using my computer, startx will suffice, and I'm off into the wonderful world of openbox.
    Using, tweaking, playing with my computer, aliases are quite nice. startion, startpwm, hell, I can even startdwm.
    Though, if I wish to have openbox and dwm at the same time, thus startobdwm...

CTRL+ALT+F8 to dwm
    WIN+SHIFT+ENTER : xterm -fn -zevv-peep...
    mc
    WIN+SHIFT+ENTER : xterm -fn -zevv-peep... <tile windows>
    man ncurses
    WIN+J : change directories in mc to ~/programming/C/console
    WIN+2, WIN+SHIFT+o : opera
    WIN+SHIFT+ENTER : xterm
    vim

CTRL+ALT+F7 to openbox
    CNTRL+TAB, down, down, right, down, right, click Konquest
    Play a bit, take a break, relax, then...

CTRL+ALT+F2
    mc
    CTRL+ALT+F3
    dvtm (Still have a bit of tweaking to do with this, but eh, works great with man and vim).
    CTRL+ALT+F8 : back to dwm

Who needs a mouse?

(Granted, I'm sure there's much simpler methods of doing all this, but eh, I am still learning, and this is by far no where near everything I've done or learned. Eh, I'm just really shocked as to what all I can do, quite interesting)...

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Heh!

You sound like a candidate for a good poisoning... Rat Poisoning that is
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent