Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
OK... I admit I have an ulterior motive for asking. I love music. All kinds of music. In fact, I'm hard pressed to name a genre that I don't like. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Adrift in an ever-expanding universe, quietly contemplating the wondrous and the inevitable.

What are you listening to?

OK... I admit I have an ulterior motive for asking. I love music. All kinds of music. In fact, I'm hard pressed to name a genre that I don't like. (Well... maybe one. ) I know, that's weird. But that's me. I love musical variety. Even though it's a small world, there's still a lot of diversity out there, if you just look.

I'm fortunate to live within broadcast range of a couple radio stations that don't follow a corporate-approved playlist. But sometimes I go online and scout around for something even more obscure. Ergo, my request here. Have you heard anything lately that stood out as noteworthy? If it's something online, that would be cool. But even if it isn't, and you think it's especially good, post it anyway. Please don't hold back.

So... what are you listening to?

qv

oz
    forum.guy
    QV... since you like outer space and music, you might like some of this:

http://www.musicfromspace.com/
    Last edited by oz; 06-06-2009 at 06:28 PM. Reason: spell
    oz

Just Joined!
    Roxete. U2. The Corrs. Natalie Imbruglia. Lisa Loeb. Smokie. The Beatles. Nat King Cole. Regina Spektor. Francesca Gagnon/Cirque de Soleil. Dido. Music from old movies ( I think I'm starting to have a thing for Marilyn Monroe)

Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Right this minute, Thin Lizzy. Earlier on some Rory Gallagher.

Generally speaking I'm a Blues and Blues/Rock kinda guy. You'll often find me listening to Led Zeppelin, Jimi Hendrix, Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac, Cream, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Otis Rush, Blind Boy Fuller, T-Bone Walker and a lot more in the same area. I'll listen to anything that isn't a product though. I can't stand corporate music of any genre any more than I can stand "yes" men.

I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Kitaro, Medwyn Goodall, Adam and the Ants, Tchikofsky, Handel, Mahler and many others, but not all at the same time

Currently listening to Medwyn Goodall: Moon Goddess
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney View Post
    ...Blind Boy Fuller, T-Bone Walker and a lot more in the same area.
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Many of those old blues players come from my area in the Southeastern U.S. You have your Delta Blues which is what most people think of when the subject of blues comes up, and then there's the lesser known Piedmont Blues that originated in the Southeast. Pink Anderson, Etta Baker, Sonny Terry, Blind Willie McTell and Blind Boy Fuller are just a few of the recognisable artists associated with the Piedmont Blues tradition.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    Many of those old blues players come from my area in the Southeastern U.S. You have your Delta Blues which is what most people think of when the subject of blues comes up, and then there's the lesser known Piedmont Blues that originated in the Southeast. Pink Anderson, Etta Baker, Sonny Terry, Blind Willie McTell and Blind Boy Fuller are just a few of the recognisable artists associated with the Piedmont Blues tradition.
    I always did wonder what the Piedmont Blues were, I figured it was just a style of playing/picking
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

That's some nice listening there MikeTbob

Dapper, you're the first person I've heard refer to Piedmont blues outside of wikipedia I came to it through Blind Boy Fuller and it's had a big influence on my own playing. Maybe you guys would like to see how I came to Blind Boy Fuller, with me growing up in Ireland....well, check this out :-

YouTube - Rory Gallagher - Pistol Slapper Blues

Sorry for mentioning Rory twice in 24 hours, but I just got back from the Rory Gallagher festival on Monday

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast