Find the answer to your Linux question:
Just wondering what everyone's favorite Linux distro is. It's Gentoo here. I've not played with too many others, though, but I don't like RH that much. I'd like to try ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Favorite Distro.

Just wondering what everyone's favorite Linux distro is.

It's Gentoo here. I've not played with too many others, though, but I don't like RH that much. I'd like to try Slackware, SuSE and Debian when I get a chance (AKA broadband again).
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Guru
    Slackware is my definatly my favourite, this site is running on slackware 8.1.

I started my linux career with Redhat, but now i just think it is pants.

Started using Debian for the first time in my life at work today, so far i am impressed.

Overall: Slackware for Server's, with Debian gaining ground for desktop usage.

Jason

flw
    Linux Engineer
    Redhat for me only because its easier for us newbie's, we all have to crawl before we can walk . For you oldhatters out there , you have a whole bunch to choose from.
    Dan

\"Keep your friends close and your enemies even closer\" from The Art of War by Sun Tzu\"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    BHefore i tryed linux i tryed QNX unix. I then ent onto mandrake (8.2) and redhat (8.0). i olny really used mandrake and redhat for a few weeks before i got sick of them. I know have slackware 9 running on my workstation, and 8.1 running on my server. It has got to be my favorite. It doesn't seem to suffer from missing dependancies nearly as much as the other distro's ive tried. so its definatly slackware for me by a long shot...