Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, everybody. Just signed up and received the standard PM telling me I should come on over and introduce myself. I'm a fledgeling developer who's interested particularly in 2D game ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hello, there!

Hey, everybody. Just signed up and received the standard PM telling me I should come on over and introduce myself.

I'm a fledgeling developer who's interested particularly in 2D game development. I did some work on Windows with DirectX and SDL before moving to Debian, where I continued to experiment with SDL. I recently switched my distro to Arch, seeing as I was basically using Debian as a base system and following Arch's principal of "just give me the basics," favouring a fluxbox setup rather than using Gnome or KDE.

I've been coding on a little netbook recently to allow myself to continue work when I'm away from home, as I often am, so expect lots of posts about IDEs (eclipse is far too bloated for my little netbook), makefiles and packaging for the AUR, etc...

I'm going to lurk around a little more before I jump in and start posting questions that have already been answered, but... Nice to meet you all. Looks like a nice little community you have, here.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome aboard... glad to hear you are having fun with Arch!
    oz

Howdy and Welcome kilcros. Sounds like you are a pro already.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you with us. If you need assistance, just whistle...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux User
    Welcome. Your experience will be valuable here.
    Registered Linux User #420832