Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: prick teachers!?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes all of mine are

3 37.50%
  • why no i loveeee all my teachers!

5 62.50%
im currently enrolled in a community college and for lack of anything better im shocked.......i got a new teacher this semester one i never had before and well.......this teacher prides ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

college teachers?

im currently enrolled in a community college and for lack of anything better im shocked.......i got a new teacher this semester one i never had before and well.......this teacher prides himself on how many students fail/drop out of his class (over 6years thats a big list!) he keeps a list on the wall of students and he gets the biggest smile on his face when he talks about it. who here thinks that is just wrong......

during summer school(i work for the computer lab at the college) he had 32kids/adults in his CIS1 class.......ending total was 4 took the final and highest grade was a 82% this is just wrong in my mind whats worse is that they cant fire him or address the issue he's on 10year! the only way to do anything about him is promote him out of teaching! so he can make more money because he was a prick! ........UGH!

and here's the big problem he's the only teacher that teaches unix no one else knows it well enough to teach so everyone in a CIS field has to take him. working at the college he has had multiple law suits and thousands of complaints! its amazing! and they cant do anything!

any of you guys have a problem like this in college?

I abstained from voting because although I did have the occasional prick in college, the majority of my professors were either very good or tolerable. I generally asked around about every professor before signing up for their class, so I avoided most of the pricks unless they were the only ones that taught the class (happened to me twice unfortunately). Most often the really bad ones were tenured, which of course means that they don't care nor do they have to. These were by far the exception for me, however.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Newbie
    Somebody needs to politely ( or not so ) explain to this professor that the high drop count and low scores are not a reflection of the collective student intellegence, but rather, a direct product of his inability as an instructor.

alternatively, if he is not there to help students learn the material, then wtf is he there for?
    [ [ SykkN alloc ] initWithThePowerTo: destroyYouAll ];
    /* Don\'t make me use it! */

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    Not all teachers are bad, I myself teach sociology/anthropology at a community college, gave my first test of the semester on Wednesday...it made me sad that not everyone got an A, though the three that didn't all got B's

either:
    1)that's a pretty smart class
    2)that's a pretty motivated class
    3)you're a really easy grader
    but seriously, that sounds like an impressive class

Linux Engineer
    All of the above...at least that's what I believe

Linux Guru
    I had a physics teacher who was like that. He took it upon himself to "weed out those who weren't worthy of the degree." It sure worked. Most left and went into math or chemistry. What can you do? Some people are just douche bags.

Keep in mind though that was the only professor I've ever had like that, the others were really cool and I actually see some of them on a regular basis even now, two years after graduation.
    Jeremy
    Registered Linux user #346571
    "All The Dude ever wanted was his rug back" - The Dude

Linux Engineer
    I never understood douche bags like that that do nothing but turn people off from academia and its higher pursuits. When asked about his students Jorge Luis Borges replied that they all got A's, that all of his students have always gotten A's--he was besides an author, a world reknowned lecturer.

Linux Engineer
    i think that all my teachers so far are good,except some of them that were proud of not passing some lessons of friends of mine!
    generally i think that all of them have something to teach you...
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!
    Most of my lecturers this year are good. They put humour into the way they teach and I often find that this makes it easier to understand the material.