Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to Linux so came here to find help from those with experience. I use Fedora 11 on one machine and dual boot Mandriva 2009 + Win2k on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Smile New to Linux and new to forum. Just saying HI!

I am new to Linux so came here to find help from those with experience.

I use Fedora 11 on one machine and dual boot Mandriva 2009 + Win2k on a 64 bit dual core box.

I just got a new ( refurb ) laptop and will eventually add a linux distro to that dual boot with existing Vista os. ( I need to keep that to be able to test customer web sites in browsers that require Vista )

I also belong to those forums where I have had some great help. I decided to join here as well in order to have additional resources for assistance as I learn the ins and outs of Linux with the eventual goal of elimination of Windows, other than on the laptop so I can use it to test sites.

I have a web hosting server running Red Hat ES but leave managing that to the pros at Rackspace. The new installs I am doing here will, I hope, help me become more self-sufficient in managing my own server but at this point, I don't mess around in side because my income depends on it remaining reliable.

Please excuse me if I appear dumb! When it comes to Linux I am so be gentle with me for awhile!

Thanks and have a great day !

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums... hope you have lots of fun with Linux!
    oz

Hello and Welcome. You'll find a lot of help here. Good Luck.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by paulkruger View Post
    I am new to Linux so came here to find help from those with experience.
    Hallo and welcome

I use Fedora 11 on one machine and dual boot Mandriva 2009 + Win2k on a 64 bit dual core box.
    Sounds like a good choice
    I just got a new ( refurb ) laptop
    Congratulations
    and will eventually add a linux distro to that dual boot with existing Vista os. ( I need to keep that to be able to test customer web sites in browsers that require Vista )
    Sounds like much fun

I also belong to those forums where I have had some great help. I decided to join here as well in order to have additional resources for assistance as I learn the ins and outs of Linux with the eventual goal of elimination of Windows, other than on the laptop so I can use it to test sites.

I have a web hosting server running Red Hat ES but leave managing that to the pros at Rackspace. The new installs I am doing here will, I hope, help me become more self-sufficient in managing my own server but at this point, I don't mess around in side because my income depends on it remaining reliable.

Please excuse me if I appear dumb! When it comes to Linux I am so be gentle with me for awhile!

Thanks and have a great day !
    Don't worry everything will be fine

Just Joined!
    Hello to you too

Hi there! Welcome aboard!

Looks like you like to tinker at least a little bit. You'll probly like it here... most of us figure that if it ain't broke, ya need to tinker it!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.