Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Originally Posted by ozar Hey, Mike, is the background in your last conky shot the desktop wallpaper under a transparent conky, or is that a conky background of some type? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Hey, Mike, is the background in your last conky shot the desktop wallpaper under a transparent conky, or is that a conky background of some type?
    Hey oz,
    I believe it was just a Fluxbox theme background of the tiled sort. My Conky is transparent, so it reflects whatever is behind it.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Linux Guru
    I was mistaken in Post 60

I got it running in Icewm now.

Edit: forgot to mention How I did it. Lazy way out

antiX-forum - View topic - Conky configuration

The post on what I did is near the bottom.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 11-30-2010 at 10:58 PM.

oz
    forum.guy

now going for tiny conky

LOL... you guys seem to be going fancier with conky, and I keep going simpler...

In an effort to cut conky down so that it has a smaller footprint on the desktop, I've removed all the graphs and usage bars so that it occupies only 80x290 pixels in the upper-right corner of the screen. It's out of the way and still reveals all I need to know about what's going on inside the case itself:

Note that I've also removed "RPM" from the fan outputs, and am thinking about removing the "C" from the temp indicators since I already know what the numbers mean. If it weren't for the network in/out speeds expanding in character size now and then, I could cut off another 20 pixels or so in width making it even smaller. The horizontal conky setups are good for not taking up too much screen space, but then you have to move your eyes too much going from one side of the screen to the other in order to get a look at all the numbers.

The empty space at the bottom of the image is where the other drives show up when they are mounted.

Sometimes, I start thinking that dabbling with conky configurations might be taking up too much of my time.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Figured I'd post this in this thread also.

6 Awesome Conky Configs That Just Works | Tech Drive-in

Linux Guru
    My Gaudy Conky

http://i53.tinypic.com/307uahj.jpg

Code:
    # set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
    background yes

cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2

out_to_console no

# X font when Xft is disabled, you can pick one with program xfontsel
    #font 7x12
    #font 6x10
    #font 7x13
    font 8x12
    #font 7x12
    #font *mintsmild.se*
    #font -*-*-*-*-*-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    #font -artwiz-snap-normal-r-normal-*-*-100-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1

# Use Xft?
    use_xft yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
    xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=10

own_window_transparent no
    own_window_colour black

# Text alpha when using Xft
    xftalpha 0.8

#on_bottom no

# mail spool
    mail_spool $MAIL

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window no

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 200 5
    maximum_width 200

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades yes

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0

# border margins
    border_margin 15

# border width
    border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
    default_color 000000
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color green

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    #alignment top_right
    alignment middle_left
    #alignment middle_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text

gap_x 30
    gap_y 15

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer right

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# boinc (seti) dir
    # seti_dir /opt/seti

# Possible variables to be used:
    #
    #      Variable         Arguments                  Description               
    #  acpiacadapter                     ACPI ac adapter state.                   
    #  acpifan                           ACPI fan state                           
    #  acpitemp                          ACPI temperature.                       
    #  adt746xcpu                        CPU temperature from therm_adt746x       
    #  adt746xfan                        Fan speed from therm_adt746x             
    #  battery           (num)           Remaining capasity in ACPI or APM       
    #                                    battery. ACPI battery number can be     
    #                                    given as argument (default is BAT0).     
    #  buffers                           Amount of memory buffered               
    #  cached                            Amount of memory cached                 
    #  color             (color)         Change drawing color to color           
    #  cpu                               CPU usage in percents                   
    #  cpubar            (height)        Bar that shows CPU usage, height is     
    #                                    bar's height in pixels                   
    #  downspeed         net             Download speed in kilobytes             
    #  downspeedf        net             Download speed in kilobytes with one     
    #                                    decimal                                 
    #  exec              shell command   Executes a shell command and displays   
    #                                    the output in torsmo. warning: this     
    #                                    takes a lot more resources than other   
    #                                    variables. I'd recommend coding wanted   
    #                                    behaviour in C and posting a patch :-). 
    #  execi             interval, shell Same as exec but with specific interval.
    #                    command         Interval can't be less than             
    #                                    update_interval in configuration.       
    #  fs_bar            (height), (fs)  Bar that shows how much space is used on
    #                                    a file system. height is the height in   
    #                                    pixels. fs is any file on that file     
    #                                    system.                                 
    #  fs_free           (fs)            Free space on a file system available   
    #                                    for users.                               
    #  fs_free_perc      (fs)            Free percentage of space on a file       
    #                                    system available for users.             
    #  fs_size           (fs)            File system size                         
    #  fs_used           (fs)            File system used space                   
    #  hr                (height)        Horizontal line, height is the height in
    #                                    pixels                                   
    #  i2c               (dev), type, n  I2C sensor from sysfs (Linux 2.6). dev   
    #                                    may be omitted if you have only one I2C 
    #                                    device. type is either in (or vol)       
    #                                    meaning voltage, fan meaning fan or temp
    #                                    meaning temperature. n is number of the 
    #                                    sensor. See /sys/bus/i2c/devices/ on     
    #                                    your local computer.                     
    #  kernel                            Kernel version                           
    #  loadavg           (1), (2), (3)   System load average, 1 is for past 1     
    #                                    minute, 2 for past 5 minutes and 3 for   
    #                                    past 15 minutes.                         
    #  machine                           Machine, i686 for example               
    #  mails                             Mail count in mail spool. You can use   
    #                                    program like fetchmail to get mails from
    #                                    some server using your favourite         
    #                                    protocol. See also new_mails.           
    #  mem                               Amount of memory in use                 
    #  membar            (height)        Bar that shows amount of memory in use   
    #  memmax                            Total amount of memory                   
    #  memperc                           Percentage of memory in use             
    #  new_mails                         Unread mail count in mail spool.         
    #  nodename                          Hostname                                 
    #  outlinecolor      (color)         Change outline color                     
    #  pre_exec          shell command   Executes a shell command one time before
    #                                    torsmo displays anything and puts output
    #                                    as text.                                 
    #  processes                         Total processes (sleeping and running)   
    #  running_processes                 Running processes (not sleeping),       
    #                                    requires Linux 2.6                       
    #  shadecolor        (color)         Change shading color                     
    #  stippled_hr       (space),        Stippled (dashed) horizontal line       
    #                    (height)       
    #  swapbar           (height)        Bar that shows amount of swap in use     
    #  swap                              Amount of swap in use                   
    #  swapmax                           Total amount of swap                     
    #  swapperc                          Percentage of swap in use               
    #  sysname                           System name, Linux for example           
    #  time              (format)        Local time, see man strftime to get more
    #                                    information about format                 
    #  totaldown         net             Total download, overflows at 4 GB on     
    #                                    Linux with 32-bit arch and there doesn't
    #                                    seem to be a way to know how many times 
    #                                    it has already done that before torsmo   
    #                                    has started.                             
    #  totalup           net             Total upload, this one too, may overflow
    #  updates                           Number of updates (for debugging)       
    #  upspeed           net             Upload speed in kilobytes               
    #  upspeedf          net             Upload speed in kilobytes with one       
    #  uptime                            Uptime                                   
    #  uptime_short                      Uptime in a shorter format               
    #
    #  seti_prog                         Seti@home current progress
    #  seti_progbar      (height)        Seti@home current progress bar
    #  seti_credit                       Seti@hoome total user credit

## antiX additives examples. Add below Text##
    ##${color cccccc}battery: ${color cccccc}$acpiacadapter, ${battery_percent BAT1}%
    ##${color white}battery:${color white} ${battery}
    ##Witeless example##
    #${color cccccc}Wireless:
    #${color cccccc}essid: ${wireless_essid wlan0}
    #${color cccccc}IP:${color cccccc} ${addr wlan0}
    #${color cccccc}speed: ${color cccccc} ${wireless_bitrate wlan0}
    #${color cccccc}link strength: ${color cccccc} ${wireless_link_bar 7,50 wlan0}

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen

TEXT
    ${shadecolor a53d10}${font Swift:size=20}${color e6be6b}BIKER$font
    ${color e6be6b}${hr 2}$shadecolor
    ${font DejaVu Sans:size=14}${color ddd652}AntiX-M 8.5$font
    ${font DejaVu Sans:size=8}Mark Edelman
    July 24, 2009$font
    ${color fdb341}$sysname $kernel
    ${color fdb341}Uptime: ${color green}$uptime
    ${color 000000}${hr 2}
    ${color red}CPU ${color ffffff}Usage: ${color red}$cpu%
    ${shadecolor 6B0000}${color black}${cpugraph 30,200 0000f4 f10a0a}$shadecolor
    ${color ffffff}Frequency: ${color gold}$freq ${color gold}MHz
    ${color 7091c1}RAM ${color ffffff}Usage: ${color 7091c1}$memperc%
    ${shadecolor 6B0000}${color black}${memgraph 30,200 f10a0a 7091c1}$shadecolor
    ${color 7091c1}$mem${color ffffff}/${color ffffff}$memmax
    ${color 7091c1}$buffers ${color 54f729} Buffered
    ${color 7091c1}$cached ${color d58e2b} Cached
    ${color orange}Swap ${color ffffff}Usage:
    ${color orange}$swap${color ffffff}/${color ffffff}$swapmax ${color ffffff}- ${color ffffff}$swapperc%
    ${color orange}$swapbar
    ${color ffffff}Free Space:
    ${color b555b2}/root:${color b555b2} ${fs_free /} ${color ffffff}= ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${color b555b2}$fs_bar_free /home
    ${color 4ab1ab}/home:${color 4ab1ab} ${fs_free /home} ${color ffffff}= ${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color 4ab1ab}${fs_bar_free /home}
    ${color ffffff}Networking:
    Up:${color 14f3ff}${upspeed wlan0} ${color ffffff} - Down:${color green}${downspeed wlan0}
    ${font DejaVuSansMono:size=8}${color ffffff}Running processes: ${color ffffff}$running_processes$font
    ${font DejaVuSansMono:size=8}${color ffffff}Name                ${color red}CPU%    ${color 7091c1}MEM%$font
      ${font DejaVuSansMono:size=8}${color ffffff} ${top name 1}  ${color red}${top cpu 1}  ${color 7091c1}${top mem 1}$font
        ${font DejaVuSansMono:size=8}${color ffffff} ${top name 2}  ${color red}${top cpu 2}  ${color 7091c1}${top mem 2}$font
        ${font DejaVuSansMono:size=8}${color ffffff} ${top name 3}  ${color red}${top cpu 3}  ${color 7091c1}${top mem 3}$font
    ${color ffffff}link strength: ${color ffffff} ${wireless_link_bar 7,50 wlan0}
    ${color ffffff}Battery: ${color red}$acpiacadapter, ${battery_bar BAT0}
    ${color ffffff}Battery:${color red} ${battery}
    ${color yellow}${time %a %d %b %l:%M:%S%p}

${font Penguin Attack}${color b5550b}Conky ${color b5550b}$conky_version$font
    Last edited by rokytnji; 02-20-2011 at 08:18 PM.

Linux Guru
    Dual Core IBM M57 Desktop. Linux only. Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with Gnome Desktop (cuz it can handle it).

Code:
    # set to yes if you want Conky to be forked in the background
    background yes

cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2

out_to_console no

# X font when Xft is disabled, you can pick one with program xfontsel
    #font 7x12
    #font 6x10
    #font 7x13
    font 8x12
    #font 7x12
    #font *mintsmild.se*
    #font -*-*-*-*-*-*-34-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
    #font -artwiz-snap-normal-r-normal-*-*-100-*-*-p-*-iso8859-1

# Use Xft?
    use_xft yes

# Xft font when Xft is enabled
    xftfont DejaVu Sans:size=10

#own_window_transparent no
    own_window_colour black

# Text alpha when using Xft
    xftalpha 0.8

#on_bottom no

# mail spool
    mail_spool $MAIL

# Update interval in seconds
    update_interval 1

# Create own window instead of using desktop (required in nautilus)
    own_window yes
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,skip_taskbar
    background no
    own_window_type override

own_window_colour hotpink
    own_window_transparent yes

# Use double buffering (reduces flicker, may not work for everyone)
    double_buffer yes

# Minimum size of text area
    minimum_size 200 5
    maximum_width 200

# Draw shades?
    draw_shades yes

# Draw outlines?
    draw_outline no

# Draw borders around text
    draw_borders no

# Stippled borders?
    stippled_borders 0

# border margins
    border_margin 15

# border width
    border_width 1

# Default colors and also border colors
    default_color 000000
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color green

# Text alignment, other possible values are commented
    #alignment top_left
    alignment middle_right
    #alignment bottom_left
    #alignment bottom_right

# Gap between borders of screen and text

gap_x 30
    gap_y 15

# Add spaces to keep things from moving about?  This only affects certain objects.
    use_spacer right

# Subtract file system buffers from used memory?
    no_buffers yes

# set to yes if you want all text to be in uppercase
    uppercase no

# boinc (seti) dir
    # seti_dir /opt/seti

# Possible variables to be used:
    #
    #      Variable         Arguments                  Description               
    #  acpiacadapter                     ACPI ac adapter state.                   
    #  acpifan                           ACPI fan state                           
    #  acpitemp                          ACPI temperature.                       
    #  adt746xcpu                        CPU temperature from therm_adt746x       
    #  adt746xfan                        Fan speed from therm_adt746x             
    #  battery           (num)           Remaining capasity in ACPI or APM       
    #                                    battery. ACPI battery number can be     
    #                                    given as argument (default is BAT0).     
    #  buffers                           Amount of memory buffered               
    #  cached                            Amount of memory cached                 
    #  color             (color)         Change drawing color to color           
    #  cpu                               CPU usage in percents                   
    #  cpubar            (height)        Bar that shows CPU usage, height is     
    #                                    bar's height in pixels                   
    #  downspeed         net             Download speed in kilobytes             
    #  downspeedf        net             Download speed in kilobytes with one     
    #  exec              shell command   Executes a shell command and displays   
    #                                    the output in torsmo. warning: this     
    #                                    takes a lot more resources than other   
    #                                    variables. I'd recommend coding wanted   
    #                                    behaviour in C and posting a patch :-). 
    #  execi             interval, shell Same as exec but with specific interval.
    #                    command         Interval can't be less than             
    #                                    update_interval in configuration.       
    #  fs_bar            (height), (fs)  Bar that shows how much space is used on
    #                                    a file system. height is the height in   
    #                                    pixels. fs is any file on that file     
    #                                    system.                                 
    #  fs_free           (fs)            Free space on a file system available   
    #                                    for users.                               
    #  fs_free_perc      (fs)            Free percentage of space on a file       
    #                                    system available for users.             
    #  fs_size           (fs)            File system size                         
    #  fs_used           (fs)            File system used space                   
    #  hr                (height)        Horizontal line, height is the height in
    #                                    pixels                                   
    #  i2c               (dev), type, n  I2C sensor from sysfs (Linux 2.6). dev   
    #                                    may be omitted if you have only one I2C 
    #                                    device. type is either in (or vol)       
    #                                    meaning voltage, fan meaning fan or temp
    #                                    meaning temperature. n is number of the 
    #                                    sensor. See /sys/bus/i2c/devices/ on     
    #                                    your local computer.                     
    #  kernel                            Kernel version                           
    #  loadavg           (1), (2), (3)   System load average, 1 is for past 1     
    #                                    minute, 2 for past 5 minutes and 3 for   
    #                                    past 15 minutes.                         
    #  machine                           Machine, i686 for example               
    #  mails                             Mail count in mail spool. You can use   
    #                                    program like fetchmail to get mails from
    #                                    some server using your favourite         
    #                                    protocol. See also new_mails.           
    #  mem                               Amount of memory in use                 
    #  membar            (height)        Bar that shows amount of memory in use   
    #  memmax                            Total amount of memory                   
    #  memperc                           Percentage of memory in use             
    #  new_mails                         Unread mail count in mail spool.         
    #  nodename                          Hostname                                 
    #  outlinecolor      (color)         Change outline color                     
    #  pre_exec          shell command   Executes a shell command one time before
    #                                    torsmo displays anything and puts output
    #                                    as text.                                 
    #  processes                         Total processes (sleeping and running)   
    #  running_processes                 Running processes (not sleeping),       
    #                                    requires Linux 2.6                       
    #  shadecolor        (color)         Change shading color                     
    #  stippled_hr       (space),        Stippled (dashed) horizontal line       
    #                    (height)       
    #  swapbar           (height)        Bar that shows amount of swap in use     
    #  swap                              Amount of swap in use                   
    #  swapmax                           Total amount of swap                     
    #  swapperc                          Percentage of swap in use               
    #  sysname                           System name, Linux for example           
    #  time              (format)        Local time, see man strftime to get more
    #                                    information about format                 
    #  totaldown         net             Total download, overflows at 4 GB on     
    #                                    Linux with 32-bit arch and there doesn't
    #                                    seem to be a way to know how many times 
    #                                    it has already done that before torsmo   
    #                                    has started.                             
    #  totalup           net             Total upload, this one too, may overflow
    #  updates                           Number of updates (for debugging)       
    #  upspeed           net             Upload speed in kilobytes               
    #  upspeedf          net             Upload speed in kilobytes with one       
    #  uptime                            Uptime                                   
    #  uptime_short                      Uptime in a shorter format               
    #
    #  seti_prog                         Seti@home current progress
    #  seti_progbar      (height)        Seti@home current progress bar
    #  seti_credit                       Seti@hoome total user credit

## antiX additives examples. Add below Text##
    ##${color cccccc}battery: ${color cccccc}$acpiacadapter, ${battery_percent BAT1}%
    ##${color white}battery:${color white} ${battery}
    ##Witeless example##
    #${color cccccc}Wireless:
    #${color cccccc}essid: ${wireless_essid wlan0}
    #${color cccccc}IP:${color cccccc} ${addr wlan0}
    #${color cccccc}speed: ${color cccccc} ${wireless_bitrate wlan0}
    #${color cccccc}link strength: ${color cccccc} ${wireless_link_bar 7,50 wlan0}

# stuff after 'TEXT' will be formatted on screen

TEXT
    ${shadecolor a53d10}${font Swift:size=20}${color e6be6b}BIKER$font
    ${color e6be6b}${hr 2}$shadecolor
    ${font DejaVu Sans:size=14}${color ddd652}Ubuntu 10.04 LTS$font
    ${color fdb341}$sysname $kernel
    ${color fdb341}Uptime: ${color green}$uptime
    ${color 000000}${hr 2}
    ${color lightgrey}${cpu cpu2}% ${alignr}${color #42AE4A}${cpubar cpu2 5,80} ${color #42AE4A}CPU Temp:${color lightgrey} ${execi 1100 cat /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THRM/temperature | grep -o "[0-9]* C"}
    ${color #42AE4A}Core 1 Temp: ${color lightgrey}${execi 8 sensors | grep -A 1 'Core0' | cut -c13-16 | sed '/^$/d'} C ${color #42AE4A}Core 2 Temp: ${color lightgrey}${execi 8 sensors | grep -A 1 'Core1' | cut -c13-16 | sed '/^$/d'}C
    ${shadecolor 6B0000}${color black}${cpugraph 30,200 0000f4 f10a0a}$shadecolor
    ${color ffffff}Frequency: ${color gold}$freq ${color gold}MHz
    ${color 7091c1}RAM ${color ffffff}Usage: ${color 7091c1}$memperc%
    ${shadecolor 6B0000}${color black}${memgraph 30,200 f10a0a 7091c1}$shadecolor
    ${color 7091c1}$mem${color ffffff}/${color ffffff}$memmax
    ${color 7091c1}$buffers ${color 54f729} Buffered
    ${color 7091c1}$cached ${color d58e2b} Cached
    ${color orange}Swap ${color ffffff}Usage:
    ${color orange}$swap${color ffffff}/${color ffffff}$swapmax ${color ffffff}- ${color ffffff}$swapperc%
    ${color orange}$swapbar
    ${color ffffff}Free Space:
    ${color b555b2}/root:${color b555b2} ${fs_free /} ${color ffffff}= ${fs_free_perc /}%
    ${color b555b2}$fs_bar_free /home
    ${color 4ab1ab}/home:${color 4ab1ab} ${fs_free /home} ${color ffffff}= ${fs_free_perc /home}%
    ${color 4ab1ab}${fs_bar_free /home}
    ${font DejaVuSansMono:size=8}${color ffffff}Running processes: ${color ffffff}$running_processes$font
    ${color ffffff}${time %a %d %b %l:%M:%S%p}
    ${color lightgrey}Networking:${color #00ee00}
     ETH0 ${color lightgrey} on ${color orange} ${addr eth0}
    ${color lightgrey}Down:${color #8844ee} ${downspeed eth0} k/s${color lightgrey} ${offset 80}Up:${color #22ccff} ${upspeed eth0} k/s
    ${color #0000ff}${downspeedgraph eth0 20,80 ff0000 0000ff} ${color #22ccff}${upspeedgraph eth0 20,80 0000ff ff0000}
    http://i56.tinypic.com/24w69s4.jpg

Very nice roky, I think your wallpaper is in love with me.

I'm going to close this thread and start a new one....it's had a nice long run.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8