Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Do we have any other current Dexter fans here? I've been an avid fan since day one, but I'm guessing that the season finale last night was quite a shocker ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Dexter: awesome season finale last night

Do we have any other current Dexter fans here?

I've been an avid fan since day one, but I'm guessing that the season finale last night was quite a shocker for most fans. I won't go into details and spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but John Lithgow's performance was outstanding, as usual.
    oz

I noticed this post and I had to say.. wha!!? I thought this was about the Kids show Dexter.. So I got confused as hell that somebody posted something about that.
    Anywho, as I noticed this is a diffrent show I am wondering if that show is good or not. (I am in the need of a new show to watch). So, whats this Dexter about? I myself am a huge fan of The Big Bang Theory and the IT Crowd.

I quickly googled your show and it shows Serial killers and bones. Being a huge fan of Horror / Splatter Movies (and Death Metal Lyrics) do you think I'd like this? And is there a place where I can legally watch this online? (like you can with Southpark)
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

Dexter is a fantastic show, I love it. I also appreciate the appropriate story arcs, defined and executed in 12 shows per series instead of the ramblings of most shows like Lost. Even 24 is known to adjust their scripts mid season to reflect viewer sentiments. If the Dexter crew are doing this they're doing a better job anyway!

Don't spoil anything yet, I've been recording the episodes but haven't watched them yet. I enjoy it too much to lose momentum between episodes. I'll probably watch them all over the weekend in a bloodfest on my couch...nachos and beer to hand

I did watch the first episode and Lithgow was outstanding. He's always been good at playing creepy but that was just beyond the call of duty. I actually thought that first kill in the bath was the most disturbing I've seen in Dexter to date.

Robin if you're looking for something to watch, this comes highly recommended from me. It's not so much about gore as seeing life through the eyes of a serial killer trying to blend in, while searching for soul mate or kindred spirit. It's quite uncomfortable sometimes finding yourself empathising with him, particularly when you understand the guy doesn't really have emotions as we'd know them. Creepy, well written, well acted and still manages to raise the odd laugh.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Don't spoil anything yet,
    I won't but it was one of the best episodes to date. As they say. It was Killer.

oz
    forum.guy
    It does creep lots of folks out that there could be a tv show about a serial killer (Dexter Morgan) that has a huge fan base. It's even worse to think that those fans actually root for the killer, but you just have to watch the show and get to know Dexter a bit to understand why he is the way he is, and to appreciate it all.

I'd highly recommend that any new viewers buy the early seasons on DVD and watch from the beginning if possible.

Anyway, it looks like the season finale was a really big hit for Showtime:

'Dexter' finale shatters Showtime records
    oz

You guys have me all fired up now, I can't wait!

On a similar kind of drama, have any of you guys watched "Breaking Bad"? A chemistry teacher who is really having a hard time financially, has a terminal disease and ends up making crystal meth through a series of (un)fortuitous events. The thing is that he's not only good at it, he's probably the best. It's a drama with some dark humour. Bryan Cranston who you may know as Hal from Malcolm in the Middle is absolutely outstanding in it. Great writing, great acting and just really was a pleasure to watch. I can't wait for the new series in March.

Watching a goody-two-shoes high-school teacher starting off in the underworld and dealing with the worst of everything is fascinating.

But I digress, let's get back to psyching me up for Dexter!

I'm a season behind, since I wait and watch it on DVD rather than subscribing to Showtime. Please don't spoil it for me. Glad to see they're keeping it fresh for another season.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Thanks Ozar, I am following the first season of Dexter now..
    I really like it..
    New Users, please read this..
    Google first, then ask..

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by RobinVossen View Post
    Thanks Ozar, I am following the first season of Dexter now..
    I really like it..
    Robin, are you watching on DVD by chance? If so, it won't take you long to catch up.

I'm not sure how often they play past episodes on cable and satellite TV, so it could take a while to catch up that way, and it's really frustrating when they sometimes play past episodes of any series out of order, or not in a routine manner. That was what was happening with Stargate SG-1 and Stargate Atlantis, so I bought the complete series of each on DVD and now get my daily dose of each.

I've seen every episode of Dexter since it was released at least twice, so not sure if I'll buy that series on DVD, but it would be money well spent should I do so.
    Last edited by oz; 12-16-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spell
    oz

Linux Guru
    In Case anybody wants to watch on their computer. I use this site here

TVOKAY - Tv Streaming - Dexter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast