Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Good to know, but without easy access to things like Adblock, I won't surf the web with it. Sites I look at everyday (yes, even this one) are overwhelmingly distracting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Good to know, but without easy access to things like Adblock, I won't surf the web with it. Sites I look at everyday (yes, even this one) are overwhelmingly distracting without it.
    AdSweep - An ad blocker for your favorite web browser (like Adblock)

Apparently, I'm not the only Arch user having the weird fonts issues:
    Hmm. I just use pekwm and lxappearance to change gtk settings. I guess I'm lucky. I don't think it's the difference between running the latest one from AUR and the extra package. I've been running chromium since before there was a package in extra and never experienced that problem. I have had with some builds weird graphics issues -- artifacts and page layout problems. And it doesn't work well for me on some websites. Occasionally online purchasing forms have failed with it.

Yeah, I saw that too. I didn't find the overall experience of Chrome worth further investigation, though. Glad to hear it works for you. I may try it again in a few versions, but to be perfectly honest, unless it starts to be more like Firefox (or Firefox starts to suck) I don't see myself changing browsers.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I've recently switched from Opera to Chrome, and I have to admit that it works good and fast, at least on Karmic.
    Firefox is good, but I never managed to get rid of my first impression of it, I don't know why, but the graphical design of Firefox is so ugly... like a Russian Gulag, it always reminds me on I.E, although under the hood is something totally different engine. But the first impression lasts quite long.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I like it. On my 32 bit openSUSE system, the Chromium builds from Google feel pretty fast. I have not tinkered with the extensions on Linux, but on Windows, the Adthwart extension works ok for me.

I like it too on Ubuntu. It feels faster than Firefox, the fonts look fine and Java was easy to get going once I learned how. It's still in beta so I have every confidence they'll get the remaining issues sorted in a satisfactory period of time.

My next project is to get it going in CRUX which should be decent challenge.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Are there any instructions anywhere on how to configure it and/or what it can and can not do??
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Are there any instructions anywhere on how to configure it and/or what it can and can not do??
    You can find a little bit of info on the Google website about features for users:

User Experience (The Chromium Projects)

...but I've found very little other than some tips on blogs about configuration.
    oz

In the upper right hand corner is a little wrench symbol for the tools. In history there was listed, by day, the sites that I used Chrome to visit. In options I went to " under the hood " and deleted all of the cookies.

Then I clicked the bookmark for my website and watched the ' absolute slowest ' loading of it that I had ever seen.

These two things have seriously soured my opinion of google's chrome browser!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Bye Bye Chromium web browser; I feel much better now!!
    Linux user # 414321

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Bye Bye Chromium web browser; I feel much better now!!
    You were able to stick with it longer than me. I was squirming and super anxious to remove it the entire time it was installed.
    oz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast