Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
hey every body, just had to post this, why I love linux so much...my friends' daughter siezed up her comp again, she gets it infected every few weeks, and they ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Linux: a love story

hey every body, just had to post this, why I love linux so much...my friends' daughter siezed up her comp again, she gets it infected every few weeks, and they pay some windoes tech to come out and fix it...well this time, it was in realy bad shape... I took it to my place, installed linux mint, and had the wireless working in one mouse click... I was afraid i was going to have trouble with the super old u.s.b wireless adapter, but nope, mint saw it and straight onto the net we went...

Just Joined!

thats great

it was a pleasure hearing so....

what else......

Hi!

Good for you!

I have tried to introduce linux to some friends but sad to say, they still refuse to "see the light"
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Linux is a lot like the Matrix. No one can be told what it is, they have to see it for themselves.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    I have tried to introduce linux to some friends but sad to say, they still refuse to "see the light"
    This reminds of the old saying, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".
    oz

Linux Newbie

Talking part 2

here's the follow up... this is typical of how it always goes when i set some one up with a linux box: day 1. " I don't like, I want wodows back" then after a week of using linux, they use some one elses ( windoews machine ) and get 20 annoying pop-ups warning of manatory " upgrades" because their computer is in " IMINENT DANGER" and they says... " I don't windows any more" I swear this has happened 3 times now. their daughter loves linux mint.

Linux is a lot like the Matrix. No one can be told what it is, they have to see it for themselves.
    I love that line! Somehow though, I don't see Linus Torvalds as the evil architect, and I'd shudder at the though of Bill Gates and Richard Stallman playing the roles of Neo and Morphius.

While the personalities might be better suited the other way around (Stallman would be the perfect Smith), the OS sure isn't.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQWq2aa74bY
    (Originally posted in Jokes thread)

Quote Originally Posted by bigvoo View Post
    here's the follow up... this is typical of how it always goes when i set some one up with a linux box: day 1. " I don't like, I want wodows back" then after a week of using linux, they use some one elses ( windoews machine ) and get 20 annoying pop-ups warning of manatory " upgrades" because their computer is in " IMINENT DANGER" and they says... " I don't windows any more" I swear this has happened 3 times now. their daughter loves linux mint.
    Yep, that's about the same experience I have.

Sometimes people can say something to me that makes me bowl over with laughter and the tears just roll out of my eyes.

A relative, whom I have not seen for quite a few years, asked me if my computer problems were still driving me crazy. I said no; I totally gave up on windows and I use Ubuntu Linux now.

She then said to me: " I thought only Aliens were able to use Linux! "!!!

For the rest of the evening whenever I looked at her I laughed some more!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Sometimes people can say something to me that makes me bowl over with laughter and the tears just roll out of my eyes.

A relative, whom I have not seen for quite a few years, asked me if my computer problems were still driving me crazy. I said no; I totally gave up on windows and I use Ubuntu Linux now.

She then said to me: " I thought only Aliens were able to use Linux! "!!!

For the rest of the evening whenever I looked at her I laughed some more!!
    Nah, pretty sure the Aliens use windows, that's why Linux users keep getting abducted by them though, they need our help defragmenting and solving registry errors.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast