Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Originally Posted by fguy64 Carrey isn't funny, just a moron (IMHO) I've never seen a serious Carrey movie, didn't know they existed. Yes, he has a few and he is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by fguy64 View Post
    Carrey isn't funny, just a moron (IMHO) I've never seen a serious Carrey movie, didn't know they existed.
    Yes, he has a few and he is amazingly good in them.

The Majestic
    is one of his serious movies that comes to mind.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I recently saw don't mess with the zohan and despite being a bit wary I was suprised at how many times I laughed out loud!
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

I just watched District Nine which came out for rental today. I'm sorry but the movie felt like a pilot for a TV series where they hook you for another movie to find out why the Alien ship stopped in Africa. Then they hook you for another movie to find out what happens in District Ten in three years.
    It may be that I am too old to appreciate what I saw!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I just watched District Nine which came out for rental today. I'm sorry but the movie felt like a pilot for a TV series where they hook you for another movie to find out why the Alien ship stopped in Africa. Then they hook you for another movie to find out what happens in District Ten in three years.
    It may be that I am too old to appreciate what I saw!!
    I have it ordered on blu-ray but it's not supposed to be here for a few days yet. I'm hoping to have a better experience with it, but we'll see how it goes.
    oz

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Thanks for the info. Just wondering though, is it in 3D for everyone, or is that at certain theaters only?
    I think it depends on theaters too. I heard some where (not sure), few theaters here spent some amount to get 3D effect -so that they can run Avatar movie while people wearing 3D glasses.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    I think it depends on theaters too. I heard some where (not sure), few theaters here spent some amount to get 3D effect -so that they can run Avatar movie while people wearing 3D glasses.
    I've not seen many movies in 3D, but this one I'd like to, if possible.

Actually, I'd like to see it both ways.
    oz

I once saw "Haunted Castle" in 3D at an IMAX theatre and that was the most amazing thing I have ever seen, I actually had to take my 3D glasses off to make sure the fairies and bubbles were not actually floating right in front of my face.

I had to dig out the link for it.
    Haunted Castle
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Well that was interesting. The youngsters had me watch the Hulk with them because it is one of their favorite movies. I did not think that it would interest me but I was wrong. I enjoyed it.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Well that was interesting. The youngsters had me watch the Hulk with them because it is one of their favorite movies. I did not think that it would interest me but I was wrong. I enjoyed it.
    I liked the old '78 series with Bixby and Ferrigno, but have never cared much for the movies because the CGI Hulk character seemed too cartoonish and perhaps a bit over done, at least in my own opinion. Glad you liked it, though.
    oz

Edward Norton did a great job in the movie and the special effects were great. I don't know the name of the actress that played the role of his girlfriend but she sure turned me on!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast