Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
The old thread has been locked and can be found here. http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/cof...ly-2009-a.html I'm hoping to get the new DVD "The Hangover" The Hangover (2009)...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Seen any good movies lately? 2010

The old thread has been locked and can be found here.
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/cof...ly-2009-a.html

I'm hoping to get the new DVD "The Hangover"
    The Hangover (2009)
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    I have Star Trek (2009) on DVD and have watched it once, but now also have it on Blu-ray, so I'm looking forward to watching it again to see how the two formats compare, and of course to watch a good movie again.
    Last edited by oz; 12-21-2009 at 01:44 PM. Reason: spell
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm anxious to hear any comments about Avatar if any of you have seen it. When I first heard about the movie, I wasn't all that excited over it but after seeing some trailers, a few reviews, and some of the actors on various late night shows, I can't wait!
    oz

Ozar,I have seen Avatar, Visual effects are stunning (couples of times me and my friends,taken aback when something is thrown) I have never seen such stuff before...but story is weak and movie runs for 2-1/2 hrs ..they should have made it around 1 to 1-1/2hrs. Overall good movie.You will get a different experience.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Ozar,I have seen Avatar, Visual effects are stunning (couples of times me and my friends,taken aback when something is thrown) I have never seen such stuff before...but story is weak and movie runs for 2-1/2 hrs ..they should have made it around 1 to 1-1/2hrs. Overall good movie.You will get a different experience.
    Thanks for the info. Just wondering though, is it in 3D for everyone, or is that at certain theaters only?
    oz

Is this supposed to be just for new movies, or is it ok to talk about older movies you have watched recently?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by fguy64 View Post
    Is this supposed to be just for new movies, or is it ok to talk about older movies you have watched recently?
    It's for any movies that you've watched recently.
    oz

Well, last week on TV I watched Jakob the Liar starring Robin Williams. It's about Nazis & Polish Jews in the ghetto in WWII, so it's kind of heavy, but they do manage to inject some originality, humor, and irony into the plot. I think Williams is underrated as an actor, he really is very versatile.

Good movie, I rate it 4 out of 5.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by fguy64 View Post
    I think Williams is underrated as an actor, he really is very versatile.
    Yup, I actually like Williams better in dramas than I do in comedies. The same goes for Jim Carrey.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Yup, I actually like Williams better in dramas than I do in comedies. The same goes for Jim Carrey.
    heh, we agree. Robin Williams comedy I can only take in small doses. Another serious role of his I liked was the Doctor in Awakenings with Robert deNiro. Also the psychiatrist in Good Will Hunting was very good. He also played a good psychopathic killer in Insomnia, with Al Pacino as the detective. Good Morning Vietnam was one I didn't like much.

Carrey isn't funny, just a moron (IMHO) I've never seen a serious Carrey movie, didn't know they existed.

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast