Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Firefox Browser | Free ways to customize your Internet I've been playing around with their "personas" (think low-fat, instant themes), and I'm sure the novelty will eventually wear off. For ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

New version of Firefox is out today (3.6)

Firefox Browser | Free ways to customize your Internet

I've been playing around with their "personas" (think low-fat, instant themes), and I'm sure the novelty will eventually wear off. For now, it's an interesting change of scenery. Haven't delved into any other new features yet (if there are any). Happy downloading!
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Is it faster than 3.5?
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

That's crazy that you posted that, I've been a supporter of Firefox since it was Phoenix...but I just five minutes ago decided to finally give Google's Chrome (well Chromium) a go.

I'd have to second elija's question, is it much faster? Firefox had been becoming sluggish for me the past year or so.

I'm probably not the person to ask, since I haven't noticed any appeciable lag or sluggishness in Firefox as of late. Now, this is on my work XP machine. I have had issues with the Ubuntu version of Firefox slowing down to a near crawl on sites like IMDB.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I didn't mean to imply that I find Firefox slow. Quite the contrary in fact, 3.5 is significantly faster than prior versions both on the Win XP machine at work and the *buntu / slackware / what-ever-the-hell-other-distro-i'm-trying-today boxes at home.

It's just that most of the hype I've seen claims 3.6 is significantly faster, particularly in it's Javascript handling.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I didn't mean to imply that I find Firefox slow. Quite the contrary in fact, 3.5 is significantly faster than prior versions both on the Win XP machine at work and the *buntu / slackware / what-ever-the-hell-other-distro-i'm-trying-today boxes at home.

It's just that most of the hype I've seen claims 3.6 is significantly faster, particularly in it's Javascript handling.
    Hmm, well I'll have to pay attention the next time I'm on a Javascript-heavy site.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Well, I'm using it on a Mac at work, and I've noticed that it's a little quicker on some sites.
    About the same on others.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Well, I may be a few days behind here, but I finally got around to installing 3.6, and I gotta say I've actually noticed quite an improvement in speed.
    It seems a lot snappier to me.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    I've not done any actual speed tests to verify, but 3.6 feels snappier in performance to me as well.
    oz

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Can I ask a really silly question? Is FF3.6 now available in the updates or do I have to add the repository to get access to it? I'm still using Jaunty with FF3.1 right now.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast