Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am working for a DVD project. I want some information about the UDF file system. Whether Linux 2.6 supports the UDF file system. Whether any open source codes ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux 2.6 UDF Support

Hi,
    I am working for a DVD project. I want some information about the UDF file system. Whether Linux 2.6 supports the UDF file system. Whether any open source codes are available for this.

Thanks in advance..
    Regards,
    Remya

I did a quick google and found this Linux UDF | Get Linux UDF at SourceForge.net
    and wiki Universal Disk Format - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia says Linux supports UDF. Check out the src from that project for more details.

HTH
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Hi Lakshmipathi,
    Thanks for the quick reply. Actually i have checked these links earlier.

But if you look at the same the code base is updated on 2004. . Hence i was asking for the latest packages, if any are available. Also i want to confirm whether Linux 2.6 has support for this.

Regards,
    Remya

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Yes,looks like no major release since 2004. But you seen this ,there are some patches released in 2007 and few people tested it works for slackware 12.0 kernel 2.6.23.16.

SourceForge.net: Linux UDF: Detail: 1795804 - UDF 2.50 patch for linux-2.6.23-rc6

May be checkout the src along with these new patches.

HTH
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks. I will try to use this one.

Regards,
    Remya