Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Yes, it's an EOS. Yes, they can be VERY expensive, but some of the models are very reasonable for what you get. For example, the EOS Rebel XS w/ 18-55mm ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Yes, it's an EOS. Yes, they can be VERY expensive, but some of the models are very reasonable for what you get. For example, the EOS Rebel XS w/ 18-55mm zoom lens kit can be had at PhotoAlley.com for about $570 USD. That's a 10.1 megapixel imager. The 12.2 MP XSi kit is about $110 more. Then there's the 21.1 MP 1Ds Mark III - only $7999, body only... But, at that price you get a full frame 35mm imager w/ 48bit color depth. I think it's the only digital SLR on the market that has the resolution of a 35mm film camera. It still doesn't compare to a large format camera like a Hasselblad, which you can get w/ a digital back for about $20K, I think. Just checked. Camera from about $2700, lens from about $3400, digital back from about $14K - and that's a low-end 39MP back. I think you can get them with up to about 60MP at a "somewhat" higher price...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

I always tell people to check out the B&H camera website here in Manhattan to see which camera would best suit their needs and then purchase that model somewhere close to where they live.
    New York SuperStore - B&H Photo Video
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 02-03-2010 at 06:42 PM.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Quick update: Last week I searched for near by store , they don't have Canon A1100 model. I learned canon showroom location,so this week I hope to get it.

Cousinlucky, I checked the model , they said it's comes around 129$ with discount. strange , here I have to pay around 200$ to get the same model.
    I thought about ordering from the site but courier charges comes around 60$
    So it's 200$.

Canon | PowerShot A1100 IS Digital Camera (Blue) | 3445B001
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

I do not know just where you live nor do I know how much of a hurry that you are in for your camera.

The three professional cameramen that I know here in New York City all buy their equipment from B&H Camera. They are a great company to do business with.

It should not cost you $60.00 shipping charges through B&H!!
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 02-10-2010 at 12:42 AM.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I use B&H as well as PhotoAlley.com - both are good and generally offer free shipping. However, if the location is outside the USA, I don't think the free shipping applies, and I think Lakshmipathi is in that category. Of course, I may well be incorrect in that assumption.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    It should not cost you $60.00 shipping charges through B&H!!
    For me , shipping cost to India is listed as 55$,61$ and 110$ depending on shipping type.
    So that's almost half price of this camera

May be I'll start using B&H ,if the shipping cost comes down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    I use B&H as well as PhotoAlley.com - both are good and generally offer free shipping. However, if the location is outside the USA, I don't think the free shipping applies, and I think Lakshmipathi is in that category. Of course, I may well be incorrect in that assumption.
    Yes,you are right. No free shipping outside US and your assumption is correct !!!
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2