Find the answer to your Linux question:

Thread: That was weird.

Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Cool That was weird.

I have been off my computers a bit because of personal reasons. Hence my desktop was unattended for a while. It runs Ubuntu 8.04 LTS only for the longest time. I have Seamonkey 2 and Namaroka 3.6.2 Mozilla Browsers that I use on this Desktop along with Opera 10.10 and Chromium Daily builds.

Tonight I went to the Desktop and Opened Seamonkey to watch a youtube video. Lo and Behold I get a need plugin error, So I open up Namaroka and same, same.

I am like. Huh? So I open Opera and flash works ok. Open Google and flash works ok. I know I have resticted extras installed. My DVD player works just fine. Weird

So I go into /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins folder and Lo and behold. I am missing libflashplayer.so. So I gksu nautilus and go to /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin folder and copy and paste libflashplayer.so over to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins folder.

Flash is working again in both Seamonkey 2 and Namaroka 3.6.2 Mozilla Browsers.
    I sure as heck don't know why this happened since everything was fine before I stepped away from the Desktop a few weeks back,

Maybe a Update snafu? Who knows?
    I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
    Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.

-->
    Well aint that a wonderment. I just had to redo my java in Namaroka 3.6.2 also.

Had to remove my libjavaplugin_oji.so from /usr/lib/firefox/plugins and /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.2pre/plugins folders and insert a symlink to /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun-1.6.0.17/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so in both above firefox folders before I could get java working again in 3.6 Firefox.

Seamonkey and my other browsers didn't need any fiddling with.
    Linux is straining my brain.

I updated up Puppy Linux installs to Firefox 3.6 also. Guess I gotta straighten out java in those distros to. Sheesh>
    I refuse to let fear and fear of others rule my life. It puts my humanity at risk.
    Accepting Death is the only way to stay alive.