Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
The main purpose of a case, as far as I can tell, is as an EMR shield so the system doesn't muck with radio/tv reception in the neighborhood... Also, a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

The main purpose of a case, as far as I can tell, is as an EMR shield so the system doesn't muck with radio/tv reception in the neighborhood... Also, a properly designed case will improve cooling by properly channeling airflow from the system fans.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    The main purpose of a case, as far as I can tell, is as an EMR shield so the system doesn't muck with radio/tv reception in the neighborhood... Also, a properly designed case will improve cooling by properly channeling airflow from the system fans.
    They will also keep curious cats* out of your PC's gizzards

You can substitute "children" and it reads as well
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    They will also keep curious cats* out of your PC's gizzards

You can substitute "children" and it reads as well
    I've been thinking about a custom designed (by me) plexi-glass case, complete with a/c filter on the intake. That should keep the bugger clean. Of course, by the time I got through stuffing it it would need wheels, but that's ok. On the top, one could place a mat for curious cat who come by to watch the funny lights.

I've seen the plexi cases and was initially drawn to them. I've since learned that they're not the best for naturally radiating heat so you need a good fan and airflow system. I've since gone for an aluminium case though it does have a plastic sandwich in between for noise reduction. Still, it's always cold to the touch and seems to do its job very well.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by bigtomrodney View Post
    I've seen the plexi cases and was initially drawn to them.
    I'm finding the huge majority of plexi cases to be unappealing overall, and certainly don't like those that come loaded with bright blue LEDs scattered throughout them.

In fact, on this last mission to purchase a new case, I was a little upset to find that so many of the new cases had them. I'm not bothered by others having them, but it would be nice if the case manufacturers would make the same models without the blue LEDs at a slightly lower price for those users not in favor of paying for LEDs that they don't want.

As for the computer case speaker... hey, it's been almost two weeks without it and now that I'm used to not having it, I'll be disabling them in any other computer cases that have them!
    oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2