Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I noticed a new link for Buzz in each of my gmail accounts but haven't used it yet. Are any of you using it? Google Buzz...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Google Buzz

I noticed a new link for Buzz in each of my gmail accounts but haven't used it yet. Are any of you using it?

Google Buzz
    oz

Nope. Family is the only ones I wish contact with. I chat with my neices with google mail chat feature since they are Windows users once in a while and a couple buddies overseas in Oz and Kiwi Land.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Yeah am using it....

It is like a combination of twitter and facebook ... A lot of howto's from google available, look at this also: How to Use Google Buzz in Gmail

I like google's stuff, but it doesn't seem to be catching on. All the contacts I make seem to use MSN messenger. I prefer Google chat cause it is lightweight and fast, but I seldom get the chance to use it.

I'd use Buzz, but nobody I know seems interested.

Just Joined!
    Hi,

I have it enabled, but I do not use it very much!

bye
    Gianluca Moro
    Last edited by oz; 02-17-2010 at 09:49 PM. Reason: removed spam

oz
    forum.guy

For those that don't want to use buzz...

I see that there is a "turn off buzz" link down toward the bottom of the main window of your inbox for each gmail account. I don't remember seeing it before, so don't know if I missed it or it was added recently.
    oz

I used the "Turn off Buzz" link immediately. I don't need another social networking service. I do use Facebook from time to time (mostly because it's an easy way to keep in contact with college friends who have moved away) but I don't see any benefit to using Buzz as well.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    I used the "Turn off Buzz" link immediately. I don't need another social networking service. I do use Facebook from time to time (mostly because it's an easy way to keep in contact with college friends who have moved away) but I don't see any benefit to using Buzz as well.
    Agreed. I did the same. I agree that we don't need multiple social network services.

I personally like the integrated aspect of the Google suite, I appreciate the lightweight nature of their products, I think it (the suite) can be very useful as long as the privacy concerns are dealt with. But there isn't much point as long as Facebook and Twitter and MSN keep their inertia.

Speaking of privacy, I know some will never trust Google. That's fair enough. Personally I think a little common sense about how it is used should alleviate concerns, but that is a different story.

oz
    forum.guy
    I disabled it on all my gmail accounts as well, as soon as I found the method of doing so. I want dependable free webmail without lots of bells and whistles, and buzz was something that I really have no use for.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by fguy64 View Post
    Speaking of privacy, I know some will never trust Google. That's fair enough. Personally I think a little common sense about how it is used should alleviate concerns, but that is a different story.
    I think I am pretty fair when judging them and always assume good will first. But if I had a GMail account and all the sudden everybody on the Net could see with whom I maintain regular mail correspondence, I would be somewhat offended. To say the least.
    Debian GNU/Linux -- You know you want it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast