Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was wondering a lot of jobs list they are looking for a linux systems administrator. what exactly do they mean when they say these things. i have looked through ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question about limux system admin

I was wondering a lot of jobs list they are looking for a linux systems administrator. what exactly do they mean when they say these things. i have looked through job descriptions and i cant find anything. do they mean like shell scripting? managing databases using a linux server? does anyone here have any personal experience relating to this job? any helpful insight much appreciated

I guess there is so much to explain..
    instead of that, you should look to some basic Linux courses from Red Hat, CompTIA, Novell etc.
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

Just Joined!
    i guess what im asking is that im looking into changing my degree from international business which ill be done with shortly to computer engineering.. i have yet to decide hardware or software but i really like the software portion and enjoy messing with scripts..etc. but i just started that too not long ago so im barely getting into it but im looking for a really good job now. so is being a system admin something i have to study for like 7 years like programming languages or maybe something i can achieve in like 6 months?