Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question about limux system admin

I was wondering a lot of jobs list they are looking for a linux systems administrator. what exactly do they mean when they say these things. i have looked through job descriptions and i cant find anything. do they mean like shell scripting? managing databases using a linux server? does anyone here have any personal experience relating to this job? any helpful insight much appreciated

I guess there is so much to explain..
    instead of that, you should look to some basic Linux courses from Red Hat, CompTIA, Novell etc.

i guess what im asking is that im looking into changing my degree from international business which ill be done with shortly to computer engineering.. i have yet to decide hardware or software but i really like the software portion and enjoy messing with scripts..etc. but i just started that too not long ago so im barely getting into it but im looking for a really good job now. so is being a system admin something i have to study for like 7 years like programming languages or maybe something i can achieve in like 6 months?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close