Find the answer to your Linux question:
Running a modified Google Chrome OS developed by a 17 year old kid. Running it off a 2 gig Kingston Data Traveler Pendrive on my Asus eeepc 900. It's a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Flow OS

Running a modified Google Chrome OS developed by a 17 year old kid. Running it off a 2 gig Kingston Data Traveler Pendrive on my Asus eeepc 900.

It's a trip. Just a browser operating system. I guess if I want a file manager I need to use a cloud account. Wifi, Touchpad,Flash (hulu and youtube),Sound (after Cntl+Alt+T then turn up alsamixer) all work.

No real Desktop to speak of. You can use root terminal.password is facepunch.
    Saves changes (I installed a few google extensions like wot and stuff) and saves my bookmarks to on reboot.
    Shutdown is done with power button.

Got it from Chromium OS builds by Hexxeh

Used dd command to install image to usb. Did it with AntiX.

Final thoughts. Neat toy for a pendrive for just web surfing and cloud computing I guess. Browser Puppy Linux has more Features. Gotta remember. These are alpha builds. I wouldn't install this as a full blown OS. Gotta give the kid credit where credit is due. Works on my Asus 900 and only cost me a little time. Was kinda fun and different.

Edit: I should also say

username=facepunch
    password=facepunch

or

username=your gmail name
    password= your gmail password
    Last edited by rokytnji; 02-25-2010 at 06:41 PM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Cool Project!!! Thanks for link ,rokytnji..
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org