Find the answer to your Linux question:
To make a Windows screen saver work under Linux. First create a screen saver folder in your user folder, For me its /home/steve. Next copy over a Windows Screen saver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Screensaver

To make a Windows screen saver work under Linux. First create a screen saver folder in your user folder, For me its /home/steve. Next copy over a Windows Screen saver from one of your Windows boxes. For the naming make sure that there are no spaces. You can use an underscore if you want. Right click on the screen saver choose properties then Permissions. Change Group Access to Read and Write Change Others Access to Read and Write then check mark Execute and click close. Then Create a Launcher on the desktop "Right click on the desktop click on Create Launcher". Enter a name, then The target for the Command should look like this "/home/steve/Screensavers/Mobiltech.scr /s" minus the quotes. Change steve to your user name and Mobiltech.scr to the name of the screen saver you have chosen, then Click close. It is important to note that you must enter a space then forward slash s, otherwise it will not work. Sometimes the launcher doesn't appear if that happens then right click and hit Reload or Refresh. Double click on the launcher. Remember that you will need to disable the Linux screen saver so that way it doesn't over lap yours. Some screen savers don't work. If you have Wine installed then you can right click on the screen saver and open with notepad then you can edit it if that is available.
    I have been looking for instructions to make a Windows screen saver work under Linux for a long time and haven't found anything helpful. I hope you find this helpful enjoy!

Nice Post MOBILTECH.

May I make a small suggestion (don't take it the wrong way)

Instead of making it one long paragraph all jumbled together.
    Break it up a little into lets say 4 separate paragraphs (you choose the order in layout)

It will make it easier to read.

You can use the edit button in bottom of post to edit original post.

Happy Trails, Rok

Edit: where are my manners? Oh. Yeah. I am a biker. Don't have any. Howdy and Welcome to the forums MOBILTECH.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 08-28-2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home