Find the answer to your Linux question:
hi guys im little bit new in this linux developing stuff im a student in com. eng. so im doing my intern ship they are not using linux here but ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cruise Control .net

hi guys im little bit new in this linux developing stuff

im a student in com. eng. so im doing my intern ship they are not using linux here but im using mint on my notebook so my chef wanted me to learn and search that cruise Control stuff i looked at it but i cant figure out what is ist doin or what is the purpose of using that. so i need real big help before that devil shaped chef piss me off again im not sure what will i do that time

here is the url of c.c.
    cruisecontrol.sourceforge.net/index.html

now i need
    1)what is that c.c. stuff and what is the purpose of it
    2) how can i install and run it on my computer(i read some thing but there is some permission stuff that i exactly dont know)

RTFM

Welcome to CruiseControl.NET - CruiseControl.NET - Confluence

Everything you need is on their homepage.

Just Joined!
    yes!

after wasting several time around wrong places i learned what is cruise control but i still have a question

HOW CAN İ İNSTALL İT RUN PROPERLY ON LİNUX MİNT ??? :s

You can't use the .net port of cruise control on a linux box as long as you are unable to run .net applications on your linux box. Is that the answer to your question?

RTFM @ CruiseControl Home
    RTFM @ Getting Started with Linux Mint LG #137

Just Joined!
    hmm maybe u are right but im using mono to develop .net exe files on mint so it works. i mean i think it works.

so after wasting my time around i realized why my chef asked me to learn that stuff and there are some rumors in office that some one using that stuff in office once then i found that

Run CruiseControl: from the installation directory run the cruisecontrol script. For example, c:\cc-sanbox\cruisecontrol-bin-2.8.3\cruisecontrol.bat (or ~/cc-sanbox/cruisecontrol-bin-2.8.3/cruisecontrol.sh if on Unix; requires execute permissions for cruisecontrol.sh and cruisecontrol-bin-2.8.3/apache-ant-1.7.0/bin/ant).

so i will just want 1 more think from u what is that permission stuff ? :S ?

And again, use a search engine! Most answers are there (keywords: "unix file permissions").