Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I'm just getting all my Ubuntu machines settled in to 10.04. I guess I'll try 10.10 sooner or later but like to lag a few paces behind cutting edge until ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I'm just getting all my Ubuntu machines settled in to 10.04. I guess I'll try 10.10 sooner or later but like to lag a few paces behind cutting edge until most of the major bugs are worked out. It's tempting though...
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

I'm using Ubuntu Lucid Lynx without updates, and although it is a LTS it has some really annoying bugs:
    - apt cannot handle AptonCDs, so it's not really comfortable to install an off-line system.
    - the themes are very unstable, it happens just like that, that I'm getting the old Soviet GTK base look for no reasons in the middle of a session.

I hope that Meerkat is going to solve this problems.
    If you need a CD/DVD catalogizer, give a try to my program:
    http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show...content=100682
    Linux Usert#430188

Release Candidate is out, and the final release is a few days away. Has anyone given it a try?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by minthaka View Post
    apt cannot handle AptonCDs, so it's not really comfortable to install an off-line system.
    - the themes are very unstable, it happens just like that, that I'm getting the old Soviet GTK base look for no reasons in the middle of a session.

I hope that Meerkat is going to solve this problems.
    Exactly.
    I've been using Linux Mint 9 just after it got released, and I face exactly same problems as you've mentioned. After any random restart I get any alien looking theme, my wallpaper gets lost randomly, screenlets are also unstable, though any system related crashes I didn't face so far

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceSharma View Post
    Exactly.
    I've been using Linux Mint 9 just after it got released, and I face exactly same problems as you've mentioned. After any random restart I get any alien looking theme, my wallpaper gets lost randomly, screenlets are also unstable, though any system related crashes I didn't face so far
    I believe there are still bugs in the themes for the Release Candidate. I remember reading something about that in the release notes.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Mint 9 was based on Ubuntu 10.04, and both have the same bugs, mostly theme based.
    I hope in 10.10 it will get resolved, thus in Mint 10

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2