Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't figure there's many fabric/fashion buffs here, but I thought I'd ask just in case. I am in want of a program, or at least some sort of digital ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Digital clothing patterns

I don't figure there's many fabric/fashion buffs here, but I thought I'd ask just in case.

I am in want of a program, or at least some sort of digital standard, for clothes patterns and designs. Like those really thin paper layouts you buy at Hancock Fabrics or whatever.

To save face, let me explain myself a bit more... I have an idea for a bag. I got a new netbook (1005ha) and made it quite suitable for portability, but being a hacker and a traceur I want the best possible way to carry my tools everywhere I go.

Of course, I could just sketch the bag out then make it all on my own, but that's kinda like writing a script without comments or publishing. If I make something really worth using, I'm sure others will want to know how it's done, too, thus I am hoping to make a proper pattern for the sake of re-creation.

...But who knows, maybe you'll catch me in some couture show next season

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Neat! Sorry, but I'm not a clothing "hacker". My wife, on the other hand, is a serious stitcher. She's also a physicist and computer scientist. She's out of town until next week, however, so I'll have to ask her about this when she returns on Sunday. I suppose you can wait that long?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Newbie
    I'm pretty patient Thanks!

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Lurking I see... If you don't hear from me by sometime next week, post a reminder. My friend Fritz (Alzheimer) sometimes distracts me.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Linux Newbie
    lol not lurking, just quick to reply to email notifications :P

I'll do my best to remind you; thanks again!