Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Which P2P file sharing app do you use?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kazaa

3 6.38%
  • Shareaza

1 2.13%
  • Other - please specify

43 91.49%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
I use giFT and love it!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

I use giFT and love it!
    Powered by Gentoo
    never ever ever use the hardened option in make.conf!

Linux Engineer
    Isn't P2P illegal? :P
    mabye I use a wrong term, hopefully the ONLY thing you dload is linux patent free software or linux distro
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

Quote Originally Posted by UgoDeschamps
    Isn't P2P illegal? :P
    mabye I use a wrong term, hopefully the ONLY thing you dload is linux patent free software or linux distro
    No, Peer-2-Peer downloading is not illegal. It's the *content* that people download that sometimes is illegal. BitTorrent, Kazaa, Limewire, Gnutella, etc, can all be used to download legitimate files (such as Linux distros or public domain media).
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Gonna go with champy here, I know that p2p is rampant, but in the least, may this be a warning, anyone who is computer literate here knows (ESPECIALY with limewire, java creates phydo-bytecode... easily 'de-compiled', and most if not all the other projects, open source) that information about how much and what you download is easy to collect. None of us care, but say some of the US might get on your ass. At the same time, theres plenty of legal and copyright free material avilable, (namely techno). Just don't be idiots, the magic number tends to be 1000
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333

Linux Engineer
    Hopefully noone took my comment as an actual "intelligent" comment... my activity tracker from my ISP, is up to 76Gib dload and 117Gib Upload...
    \"Meditative mind\'s is like a vast ocean... whatever strikes the surface, the bottom stays calm\" - Dalai Lama
    \"Competition ultimatly comes down to one thing... a loser and a winner.\" - Ugo Deschamps

LimeWire and Bit Torrent (the original client)

I never understand why people need the Azureus client or w/e, just use normal BT.

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by linkinp4rk410
    LimeWire and Bit Torrent (the original client)

I never understand why people need the Azureus client or w/e, just use normal BT.
    The simplest reason why I use azureus client,... it doesnt go on the taskbar when minimized :P

gtk-Gnutella for songs and bt for movies or the oldschool dcc on irc for everything
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

Just Joined!
    Wow, I guess I'm the only one who uses Shareaza! :o

KaZaA I wouldn't ever use due to its infuriating spyware. Other BitTorrent clients are redundant with Shareaza, since it's a BT/e-mule/gnutella1-2 client all-in-one thing. Connects to various servers and hubs, but unfortunately only for Windows. Sadly, the developers openly say they're not going to bother making a Linux version.

Still, I've never tried any Linux p2p clients, given the fact that my distros are incredibly fleeting.

I tend to use a program called Ares, for music is great, don't get any of the scrambling you get on Kazaa.

Also use Bit Torrent, maybe eMule/eDonkey if either of them cannot find the required files.
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast