Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
I've not had a chance to try LibreOffice just yet personally, but have read several reports by users across the web complaining that it's really ugly. Perhaps they've mis-configured it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

I've not had a chance to try LibreOffice just yet personally, but have read several reports by users across the web complaining that it's really ugly. Perhaps they've mis-configured it in some way, but I don't know.

Have any of you experienced this dreaded ugliness, or does it look pretty much like OpenOffice does for you?

Just guessing, I would've thought that they'd look about the same.
    oz

It doesn't strike me as particularly ugly, only different. The one really big issue I'm having is that it sees my default printer but won't print.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Linux Guru
    For Ubuntu users it is pretty easy to install LibreOffice. For 32-bit download this:

http://download.documentfoundation.o...b_en-US.tar.gz

For 64-bit, download this:

http://download.documentfoundation.o...b_en-US.tar.gz

Extract the archive, which creates a folder named en-US. Cd to the /en-US/DEBS/ folder, and run this command:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i *.deb
    This will install all of the .deb files for LibreOffice. To install the menu shortcuts, cd to the sub-directory desktop-integration:
    Code:
    cd desktop-integration
    Then install:
    Code:
    sudo dpkg -i *.deb
    You don't need to uninstall OpenOffice first. There are also .rpm packages too:

Index of /libreoffice/testing

Enjoy!!
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Dapper Dan View Post
    It doesn't strike me as particularly ugly, only different. The one really big issue I'm having is that it sees my default printer but won't print.
    By installing the .deb packages, it also installed a program named "LibreOffice 3.3 Printer Administration". This sees my printers, and printed a test page. It does seem to use CUPS.

You can try to run it from the terminal with this command:
    Code:
    libreoffice-printeradmin
    Please do not send Private Messages to me with requests for help. I will not reply.

oz
    forum.guy
    I recently installed LibreOffice and didn't care much for it. It was rather ugly to look at and it seemed overly buggy, but I'll try it again once it has matured a little.
    oz

I've tried to install it, but I didn't even get it to work. Possibly due to the fact that I've got more important things to worry about at the moment.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5