Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Originally Posted by nujinini I enjoy running & swimming. Want to try fishing when given the opportunity. Nice, I fish every weekend. If you view my profile you will see ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    I enjoy running & swimming. Want to try fishing when given the opportunity.
    Nice, I fish every weekend. If you view my profile you will see a photo album with some of this years fish.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    I thought Australia was the best at Cricket....
    That's a vicious Australian lie. Actually neither the Aussies or the Indians are the best at cricket. That privilege belongs to England. England won the Ashes, and England recently won the latest limited-over championship, the Twenty20 world cup.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    That's a vicious Australian lie. Actually neither the Aussies or the Indians are the best at cricket. That privilege belongs to England. England won the Ashes, and England recently won the latest limited-over championship, the Twenty20 world cup.
    HaHA, calm down brother, that was just my misinformed opinion....I take this to mean you are a cricket fan!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I take this to mean you are a cricket fan!
    Gee... ya think?

Never looked into cricket... but it looks like it might be pretty intense for our friends across the pond.
    I might have to give it a look...

Any pointers for us, Roxoff?
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

HaHA, calm down brother, that was just my misinformed opinion....I take this to mean you are a cricket fan!
    It weren't a dig at you, it was really intended to have a light-hearted jab at any Aussie and Indian users we have. But I do like cricket; my local county side (Notts) just won the County Championship here in England.

Actually I like quite a lot of sports. I'm a big Football fan, and I was disappointed that we didn't have an England match on Friday.

But aside from than, I really enjoyed the F1 Japan Grand Prix on Sunday morning. And the Commonwealth games have been great, I watched some of the men's hockey yesterday - the Indian v Pakistan was a great spectacle. I think the Indians are going to turn over the English in the semi final on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Gee... ya think?

Never looked into cricket... but it looks like it might be pretty intense for our friends across the pond.
    I might have to give it a look...

Any pointers for us, Roxoff?
    You could do a lot worse than read this intro guide. When you've finished that, you can get cricket news in spades from the BBC. If you're interested enough to start watching, you can immediately start rooting for England, you'd be very welcome.

I'm quite surprised that cricket isn't bigger in the USA. It has lots of breaks in play, and fits a TV model that requires frequent ad breaks very well.

Exclamation

Nice, is that your favorite sport and team? Are you a one sport person? What's the name of the winning team? I thought Australia was the best at Cricket....must not be if the Indian team is ranked number 1 and just beat them too.
    Yes,that's my favourite sports along with hockey.I used to be "school-level hockey player,college level chess player and street level cricket player "
    Australia No#1 team till few years back. But they dominated 90's. they lost few important players unable to replace their standards.that allowed teams like India/England to get a chance to beat them more often now (At-least they not invisible now a days.)
    That privilege belongs to England. England won the Ashes, and England recently won the latest limited-over championship, the Twenty20 world cup.
    Sorry I won't agree.Test ranking is more important than T20's. I yet to see England to play well in
    Indian-subcontinent.
    Here is the ICC test ranking -
    India
    South Africa
    Sri Lanka
    Australia
    England
    I was expecting tight match between India & Pakistan ..but it was one-sided. I think Australian will retain their gold medal.
    BTW,My all time favourite sport-person "Sachin reached his 49th test 100"

Ps: There is some problem with LF..sometimes i dont get email whenever someone updates threads ..like this one.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Sorry I won't agree.Test ranking is more important than T20's. I yet to see England to play well in
    Indian-subcontinent.
    Here is the ICC test ranking -
    You might consider the ICC test ranking to be more useful, but how good a guide is it? England have played 6 series since the beginning of 2009 - they've won 5 and drawn 1 - a sequence that includes series wins over Australia and Pakistan (source = cricinfo)

Don't try to tell us all that India really are the best, it's just not true. England are clearly the best team in the world right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxoff View Post
    You might consider the ICC test ranking to be more useful,
    ICC ranking is based on quality of teams you play againt. No offence,India can't have series against teams like ban,zim,wi and winning of them all doesn't affect their ranking.
    If they play against top ranked teams like sa,aus - top 3-5 teams and winning is entirely different.

but how good a guide is it? England have played 6 series since the beginning of 2009 - they've won 5 and drawn 1 - a sequence that includes series wins over Australia and Pakistan (source = cricinfo)

Don't try to tell us all that India really are the best, it's just not true. England are clearly the best team in the world right now.
    Sorry , again - Currently they are best. Thanks to aussies downfall.
    From 2008-2009 Indian never lost a series .
    Border-Gavaskar Trophy (Australia in India) 2008/09 India 2-0 (4)
    England in India Test Series 2008/09 India 1-0 (2)
    India in New Zealand Test Series 2008/09 India 1-0 (3)
    Sri Lanka in India Test Series 2009/10 India 2-0 (3)
    India in Bangladesh Test Series 2009/10 India 2-0 (2)
    South Africa in India Test Series 2009/10 drawn 1-1 (2)
    India in Sri Lanka Test Series 2010 drawn 1-1 (3)
    India played against better teams like sa,sl,aus,nz,eng (ignoring ban)
    Except for aus,sa ,ind it played only against wi who at the bottom of ranking along with ban.
    To compare it England Cricket Records | England | Records | Test matches | Series results | Cricinfo.com

England in India Test Series 2008/09 India 1-0 (2)
    The Wisden Trophy (England in West Indies) 2008/09 West Indies 1-0 (5)
    The Wisden Trophy (West Indies in England) 2009 England 2-0 (2)
    The Ashes (Australia in England) 2009 England 2-1 (5)
    Basil D'Oliveira Trophy (England in South Africa) 2009/10 drawn 1-1 (4)
    England in Bangladesh Test Series 2009/10 England 2-0 (2)
    Bangladesh in England Test Series 2010 England 2-0 (2)
    Pakistan in England Test Series 2010 England
    having said that , once dravids,vvs,sachin retires probably within next 2012. They are sure to lose their status. England or SA or Aus might reach the top spot,till then India will remain at top.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Calm down mates.

Roxoff : No offense, but ratings say something different what your opinion is . No doubt England is one of the best out there and will be, afrer all they are the originator of the sport.

Lakshmi : Cmon buddy, let the game roll on, you don't need to argue when things already in favor.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast