Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
I know you nice folks are geeks, but do you also like sports? Futbol? Soccer? NBA? NFL? MLB? What is your favorite sport and who is your favorite team? My ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

A Sports thread!

I know you nice folks are geeks, but do you also like sports? Futbol? Soccer? NBA? NFL? MLB?
    What is your favorite sport and who is your favorite team?
    My hometown baseball team, The Texas Rangers defeated Tampa Bay Devil rays today in game one of the playoffs. WOOT YAY!
    I like NBA the most, the Dallas Mavericks to be exact. And of course the Dallas Cowboys.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Cricket ....Just two days back, indian cricket team beat the australian team in a thriller test match ..to retain its No#1 ranking
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Thoroughbred horse racing.
    Gimme the ponies any day!

And wrestling. Not the WWE... Greco-Roman. Wrestled Varsity for 3 years in high school until my knee got blown all to crap. It was worth it, though... still won that match!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    Cricket ....Just two days back, indian cricket team beat the australian team in a thriller test match ..to retain its No#1 ranking
    Nice, is that your favorite sport and team? Are you a one sport person? What's the name of the winning team? I thought Australia was the best at Cricket....must not be if the Indian team is ranked number 1 and just beat them too.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    Thoroughbred horse racing.
    Gimme the ponies any day!

And wrestling. Not the WWE... Greco-Roman. Wrestled Varsity for 3 years in high school until my knee got blown all to crap. It was worth it, though... still won that match!
    Horse racing? Wow, who woulda thunk it? I have never even been to a Horse race, how terrible is that? The closest I have gotten to a Horse race is driving down country roads while a Horse jogs along side my Truck! Are we talking Gambling or just racing?

Wow Jay, so like, where do you find Greco-Roman wrestling? On TV?? Live in your neighborhood? Or do you just assault some random people and call that a match? LOL
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm not much of a sports fan but do enjoy watching good mixed martial arts and boxing matches. Otherwise, bits here and there of the summer and winter Olympic Games are about the limit of my exposure to sports.
    oz

I've been a Martial Arts practitioner since my childhood.
    Started with Boxing, now got involved in Kick-Boxing, TaeKwonDo and Thai-Boxing. I enjoy free-running/parkour too.
    I'm just mixing everything out coz' I love that.
    Other than that I've been a football and cricket player and I love watching it whenever I have friggin' time

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    I have never even been to a Horse race, how terrible is that? The closest I have gotten to a Horse race is driving down country roads while a Horse jogs along side my Truck! Are we talking Gambling or just racing?
    I like having a few bucks laid down on a good lookin' race. I'm not a great handicapper, but I can pick a few.

Where do you find Greco-Roman wrestling? On TV?? Live in your neighborhood? Or do you just assault some random people and call that a match? LOL
    Greco-Roman is usually what you would see in Olympic or collegiate wrestling. It's not shown on ESPN very often, so when I see it listed... I jump on it!

The assaulting people thing can work against you sometimes!
    Last edited by jayd512; 10-07-2010 at 07:07 PM. Reason: typo
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Linux Guru
    My Sport Interest.

I've raced, but to large and slow to win.

In my younger days every weekend my biker buddy and I would go to the drag races in New Hampshire without our wives. The dog and pony tracks proved not to be my cup of tea. Of course I can not forget the TV I smashed due to a refs bad call.

I stay away from sports now. If I'm interested I read about it after the game and keep from raising my blood pressure.

As a person gets older I guess their competitive spirit wanes!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    My Sport Interest.

I've raced, but to large and slow to win.
    Woooooah!
    Them dudes are suicidal, somebody needs to stop them!
    I love me a nice Motorcycle but that looks more terrifying than fun. You'd have to pry my frozen fingers off the grips after about 150 MPH. Of course I have never ridden a bike built like that, it might be a whole 'nother story.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast