Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) and others in the Ubuntu family were officially released earlier today: Download | Ubuntu I know some of you have tried the betas, but have any of ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) Released

Ubuntu 10.10 (Maverick) and others in the Ubuntu family were officially released earlier today:

Download | Ubuntu

I know some of you have tried the betas, but have any of you tried the official release yet?
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I'm using the netbook version. I like the unity interface which is very like Gnome Shell and gives plenty of real estate on a small screen. Everything just worked as I have come to expect from Ubuntu, but as I am mainly using my desktop, it hasn't had much of a workout yet.

I may upgrade my laptop to 10.10 but I think my desktop is staying on 10.04 for now.

It's funny but after all the distros I have tried and apart from my play machines (Slackware and FreeBSD) I have apparently decided that I am after all an Ubuntard. At least for the moment
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    I have apparently decided that I am after all an Ubuntard. At least for the moment
    ROFL, that's classic.
    I think I may install it to USB, take it for a spin or two around the block.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Downloaded Netbook Remix, after rushing from office first thing first, installing on a USb

Downloaded the 64-bit CD last night, but didn't have time to burn it before bed. Let the laptop stay on overnight doing an in-place upgrade to see if it would work. I'll take a look when I get home today.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Not sure if you guys were aware of this

Ubuntu - Stack Exchange

It was launched at the same time as 10.10. Figured it fits the thread. I'm sticking with 10.04 on my Desktop for now. I think I am just one of the few who did not have trouble upgradeing from 8.04 to 10.04 and I aint gonna push it. Too early yet.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Well, I'm on the upgraded 10.10 (from 10.04) laptop now. The new default font is kind of nice. I can't say the same about any of the default themes. The closest one to my liking is Ambiance, but I had to change that ridiculous bright orange border to a more neutral gray.

Other than that so far not a lot is different. Of course, that could also just be because it's an in-place upgrade rather than a clean install. I might back up and try that tomorrow.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

I upgraded my laptop without issues. 10.10 seems faster, and certainly looks better.

I did an in-place upgrade on Sunday night and all was good. Last night I decided to try a clean install. Perhaps it's just my setup, but the installer didn't show the option to simply "use existing free space" that I'm used to.

I'm okay with creating my own partitions but it seems a little much for new users. Did anyone else notice this, or was it something peculiar to my machine?
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    It has the option to "Install alongside" an existing OS which I think is a renamed version of the same thing.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast