Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Linux would go Zooom! if Microsoft had the "nuts" to fund all the good Linux projects with some of its floating billion$... And it would come back to Microsoft karmically ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linux would really TAKEOFF if...

Linux would go Zooom! if Microsoft had the "nuts" to fund all the good Linux projects with some of its floating billion$... And it would come back to Microsoft karmically as humanity supporting Microsoft should it ever trip, stumble, and fall...

im not sure i like that idea, i really wouldn't want microsoft to be connected to any linux branch like that.

Just Joined!
    No one would.. It would have to be forgiveable loans, and outright honest donations..
    The corporate money world hasn't got what it takes to do that... It don't have a clue about love and reality, and honesty, for the most part...

BUT! if the corporate made its host Strong, it could again be Strong for having repaired its support structure and base... Its base is crumbling.. humanity is in a nose dive.. and still the baby suckles like there's no tomorrow.. is why there's no tomorrow... It like "snakey eating his self"...

If Microsoft put out a linux version, they would have to make their own kernel, bercause you can bet they wouldn't let it be open source.

Just Joined!
    Ohhh.. they already did... I tried it in a couple old hd's. I didn't care for it, for many reasons.. Worst of all it gave that bullied feeling Windows gives...

The Chakra Project - Welcome
    Last edited by cosmicbrat; 10-21-2010 at 06:23 AM.

Just Joined!
    Silly mistake... MS's Linux is Chakra, not Karma... the two words seem to read the same...

I'm not sure what Karma Linux is... but just fer curiosity I'll install it in a spare hd to check it out...

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicbrat View Post
    No one would.. It would have to be forgiveable loans, and outright honest donations..
    The corporate money world hasn't got what it takes to do that... It don't have a clue about love and reality, and honesty, for the most part... .
    You know Linus Torvalds got corporate money while he was working on Linux? I don't think he's the only linux developer who got corporate money for its work...

Quote Originally Posted by tyho View Post
    You know Linus Torvalds got corporate money while he was working on Linux? I don't think he's the only linux developer who got corporate money for its work...
    its not the corporate money, its the microsoft money we are talkng about

Just Joined!
    The corporate world needs to understand that it's us hoards of little people who they get their money from...
    They need to strengthen us, to have strengthened their base, because without our money they are nothing... And without their support we are nothing... Two nothings do not make a something...

What would really make linux take off? IMHO manufacturers would need to start installing a beginner friendly version of linux, such as Ubuntu, Mint, etc. and selling the units cheaper than the Windows counterparts. Most people are cheap, and for a $100 difference many would try linux and get hooked.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast