Find the answer to your Linux question:
Alright so I have a job interview for a Junior IT Support for an insurance company. Just wondering what type of questions should I be asking them. Any general questions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Job interview questions.

Alright so I have a job interview for a Junior IT Support for an insurance company. Just wondering what type of questions should I be asking them. Any general questions i could ask? that would make me sound interested in their company. (So I get better chance of being hired).

Like the first question they can ask is - So, How are you Mr. donaldfarkas?
    Never make any misteaks.

Read my Blog at --> Penguin Inside Subscribe Feed

Hmmm, you shouldn't go into an interview with a few pre-defined questions in the hope that they'll make you look good. What you want, as interviewee, is a list of information you want to gather about your prospective employer and the job/vacancy under discussion. Remember that this is not just them interviewing you, you have to decide if you want to work for them (even if you already decided you want to work there and do that job, you can still confirm what you've so far assumed).

For this job, I'd want to know what sort of IT infrastructure I'd be supporting; I'd want to know the hardware base, operating systems, network layout, standard IT support tools in use, size of the supported client base, even a list of typical support scenarios. You probably want to know about the financial stability of the company, the attitude of senior staff for whom you'd be working, their approach to new ideas, career progression, etc.

The more you bore down into such information, the more respect they'll have for you - in fact they'll probably think more of you for being a deeper thinker than all the other johnny nobodies they interview before or after you. And as the interview draws to it's natural conclusion and you find everything you wanted to know has been covered, there's absolutely nothing wrong with telling them that they already provided the information you wanted to gather in the interview.

Of course, if they're one of those companies that ask daft, leftfield questions just to unsettle their interviewees, then you can answer in just as daft a manner - and there's nothing wrong with preparing similar stupid questions just in case.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/