Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all, I'm a young professional in todays dog eat dog world. Recently landing an IT job with decent experience in both Macintosh and Windows systems. Linux is the bane ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Why hello there!

Hi all,

I'm a young professional in todays dog eat dog world. Recently landing an IT job with decent experience in both Macintosh and Windows systems. Linux is the bane of my existence at the moment and I'm frantically attempting to be a knowledge sponge and soak in everything this site has to offer.

If anyone has any suggestions on the fastest way or a way that worked best for them to get settled in on the basics of a Linux - I would sure appreciate it!

My current project is to buy an old Linux machine and play with it. How better to learn then to dive right in, right? I plan on tinkering until I break it, then fixing it, then breaking it again, then fixing it. I'm sure you will all see me on here quite often with "head scratchers".

Can't wait to get to know some of you, and I'm even more excited to pick at some of your guys brains!

Best regards,
    TheITGuy

Welcome from another young professional
    They say 'there's no replacement for displacement, and no shortcut for success'.
    You seem to go on the right path, I believe Linux is 'if it's ain't broken, break it and fix it untill it's broken again'

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on the new job.

Hello and Welcome to LFO.
    We can always use a new inquiring mind and whether you know Linux or Windows, we need your knowledge here. Don't be shy.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.