Find the answer to your Linux question:
So after practicing for it for about 3 years, I finally got by RHCE. I don't know why I waited so long, I finished the test in 2 hours (3.5 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I got my rche!!!

So after practicing for it for about 3 years, I finally got by RHCE.

I don't know why I waited so long, I finished the test in 2 hours (3.5 hour test) with a score of 100%.

It is not an easy test by any means, I just put so much time into it that I knew everything I had to do from memory (no man pages needed.)

Anyone else here study so hard for a test that they could sleep through it? Anyone think a test would be easy, and then they were shocked by how hard it was?
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4

oz
    forum.guy
    That's great news and a job well done... congratulations to you!
    oz

Congrats mate.

Anyone else here study so hard for a test that they could sleep through it? Anyone think a test would be easy, and then they were shocked by how hard it was?
    Around 3.5 years before, I appeared for RHCE, with a bit less prepration, result - an RHCT

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    That's great news and a job well done... congratulations to you!
    Thanks Ozar.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceSharma View Post
    Congrats mate.

Around 3.5 years before, I appeared for RHCE, with a bit less prepration, result - an RHCT
    Thanks too.

I did my RHCT (by itself,) about 3.5 years ago, and even that was a hard test. Even though I spent countless hours practicing for the RHCE, I'm glad I did so because to be able to sit down and say to yourself "this isn't a big deal after all" makes the rest of the test so much easier. It's not about if you know the material, it's about if you know it well enough to do it in the time allotted, so just knowing that you have done it all before and with good time makes the nervousness go away.

Unfortunately, I'm reading that RHEL 6 is in Release candidate stage, so it won't be long before it's out. I got my RHCE just in time for the next version to come out

I know it's still valid until RHEL 7 is released, but it sucks to think that if I had waited a few months, I'd have it for RHEL 6.
    New to the internet, technical forums, or the hacker / open source community??
    Read this to learn good posting habits http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

RHCE for RHEL version 5
    RHCT for RHEL version 4