Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by cousinlucky I'm sorry but I still do not understand what google did to get sued!! These days, you don't have to do anything "bad" to get sued. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I'm sorry but I still do not understand what google did to get sued!!
    These days, you don't have to do anything "bad" to get sued. People sue just because they have a perception that they have been misled or simply misunderstood what they were getting into with a beta release like Buzz was. Companies like Google may settle in these cases simply to reduce legal costs, or to project a public-friendly image and short-circuit any bad press the case is generating. Look at all the kerfuffle caused by Street View and such. Google's got deep pockets, and there will always be some ambulance-chasing legal slimeball who figures they can profit from any minor mistakes they (Google et al) make.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Some of you say mistakes, some of us say "being paid by the government to tie as many MAC addresses to physical addresses as possible".

Thank goodness for the tinfoil round my wireless antenna
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Quote Originally Posted by sgosnell View Post
    Which gmail spam? I seldom see any spam. It all goes straight to the spam folder, gmail has excellent spam detection built in. Once in a great while something gets sent to the spam folder that shouldn't be, but it's fewer than one per month, more like once every 6 months or so. Very little slips through to my inbox. I get spam, because I have a couple of spamtrap accounts which I use to register on websites, etc, and I have those forwarded to my main account. It almost all gets caught in the spam filter, though, and I only see the occasional spam message, very seldom.
    I get spam messages 2, 3, 4 times a week that the gmail filter catches and I delete.
    Since it only comes on one gmail account of mine it must mean that that email address was gotten by using something other than the buzz!!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2