Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello guys! I chose the picture of Robin Williams for my avatar because I reallllllyyy find him to be great actor. IMHO anyways I love ALL his films but in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

My Favorite Actor

Hello guys!

I chose the picture of Robin Williams for my avatar because I reallllllyyy find him to be great actor. IMHO anyways

I love ALL his films but in particular, I would like to mention the following...

Comedy: Mrs. Doubtfire
    Drama : Jack
    Cartoons: Ramon/Lovelace

My wife and kids love Robin too.

Hope and pray he continues to be healthy and well. And to make a gazillion more movies.

Nano Nano
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

oz
    forum.guy
    I've always liked Robin Williams better in dramatic roles than in comedy roles. The same goes for Jim Carrey... they are both really good in their more serious roles, in my opinion. Unfortunately, I'm unable to name any favorites because it's just too hard to name any one person (or even three or four for that matter) as all-time favorite(s). I might re-appear in this thread again later on after thinking about it some and try to name a few that would be on my favorites listing.
    oz

I remember Robin mostly for "The Bird Cage." Not one of his most noted film endeavours but it was a hilarious film and Williams was really good in it.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here

Of course. I have to be the weird one of the bunch and say I love Invader Zim and Grrr.

ZIM: Okay, I think I've had my fill of these horrible stink-people things for today. Now activate your guidance chip and lead the way to home.
    GIR: Oh, I left that at home.
    ZIM: You left what at home?
    GIR: The guidey… chippy… thingy.
    ZIM: What!? Why would you do that?
    GIR: To make room for the cupcake!
    Nurse: He’s missing his liver. That’s how some kids react to the cafeteria food… the lucky ones.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I've always liked Robin Williams in just about everything I have seen him in but I think "Fisher King" was one of my favorites. I still can't believe he ran around with his tallywacker dangling all over the place.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    I've always liked Robin Williams better in dramatic roles than in comedy roles. The same goes for Jim Carrey... they are both really good in their more serious roles, in my opinion...
    Now that you've mention it, I must say I agree to your observation. Enjoy Carrey too. He's on my top 5 list.
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    Hello guys!

I chose the picture of Robin Williams for my avatar because I reallllllyyy find him to be great actor. IMHO anyways
    Nanoo Nanoo...

I think you'll find that Dead Poets Society was self-indulgent, navel-pondering trash. Other than that, from what I've seen his films have been OK. I've not seem Flubber, though.
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

oz
    forum.guy
    One of my personal favorites with RW was Bicentennial Man:

Bicentennial Man (1999) - IMDb

It didn't do all that well at the box office or with critics, but I found it very entertaining and thought provoking.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I've never really been a fan of Robin Williams in movies, the exception being Awakenings. I think he was perfectly cast as Mork and his stand up is genius
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Now that you talked about Carrey, the vary thought of his facial expressions, especially in The Mask and Ace Ventura starts making me laugh ;0