Find the answer to your Linux question:
Mint users might be interested to know that Linux Mint 10 has been released: The Linux Mint Blog Blog Archive Linux Mint 10 “Julia” released!...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Linux Mint 10 "Julia" Released

Mint users might be interested to know that Linux Mint 10 has been released:

The Linux Mint Blog Blog Archive Linux Mint 10 “Julia” released!
    oz

Downloading now, I have my sisters machine that appears to be on it's last leg as far as windows is concerned. We'll see how she likes Mint 10 DVD-AMD-64.

LiveCD just to check it out, if she likes it, then you know the rest of this story.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Sounds good... hope it all works out well for her.

Would you believe I've never tried any version of Mint? I've downloaded it a few times but never got around to installing.

Anyway, I do like that dark-gray background shown in the screenshot better than the green backgrounds that they've used in the past. Maybe I'll get around to trying it this time.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You should give it a go. I have heard it said before and I love to repeat it, Mint is Ubuntu on Steroids. Almost everything I have, worked right out the box with Mint. It's pretty sweet. I used to have it installed but I guess it was so easy, I got bored with it and deleted it.

I never thought about it til now but I'm hoping Mint doesn't jump off the Wayland cliff like Ubuntu is going to do. At least let Ubuntu sort out the bugs.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I tried downloading the 64 bit DVD from 3 different mirrors this morning, and couldn't get the download to complete from any of them. Guess I'll try again at a later time.

Already downloaded AMD 64 version, Will put aside my Mint 9 install to compare for once

Linux Guru
    @MASONTEX

Try rightclicking on link for DVD download and use copy link location.

Then open a terminal

Code:
    wget (paste link here)
    Hit enter. It will download ISO to /home directory. If interrupted. It will resume where it left off.

Wget: Downloading from the Internet: How to use Wget to Download Files without a Web Browser

I should also mention I use Linux Tracker also to download torrents of ISOs. That is what Linux Tracker is for.

Thanks, but I think the problem is my wireless card. It continually drops out for a second, then re-establishes. The download picks back up and continues, but during busy times I eventually get bumped from the server. Usually if I retry during a non peak time, I can keep reconnecting until the download completes.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    You should give it a go. I have heard it said before and I love to repeat it, Mint is Ubuntu on Steroids.
    I might get around to it, but the problem is I've never been all that fond of Ubuntu, so if it's anything like Ubuntu, I probably won't care for it either. Of course, the only way to know for sure is to install and try it.

If my internet connection doesn't crap out this weekend like it has been, maybe I'll download the 64-bit version and give it a go.
    oz