Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
My seamonkey browser refuses to accept the link as valid. What's with the pop up ads???...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

My seamonkey browser refuses to accept the link as valid. What's with the pop up ads???
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 11-20-2010 at 02:19 AM.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

What pop ups?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    cousinlucky, I remember getting some kind of error page there in the past about certificate problems with the website, but didn't get that or any pop-ups this time around, and that's running Firefox if it matters.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    cousinlucky, I remember getting some kind of error page there in the past about certificate problems with the website, but didn't get that or any pop-ups this time around, and that's running Firefox if it matters.
    Are you guys talking about the Linux Counter Website?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Are you guys talking about the Linux Counter Website?
    Yes, I was, but I'm not sure if that's what cousinlucky was referring to.
    oz

Gentlemen, gentlemen, I used my Galeon browser to access the linux counter website where my profile is still there. The first page that I encountered was a long questionaire that wanted the information about my computer which I did not bother to try and fill in and give my computer illiterate mind a headache trying to figure out what was what!!!

The pop ups I have recently encountered were at the LF website when checking to see if any new posings were in the " oldies " group!!! If I ever encounter another one I will try to remember to take a screenshot of it for your perusal.

Sorry about the confusion I created here!!

There was someone at my door so I logged off of LF!! When i got back to my computer there was a pop up on my screen but the body of the pop up was missing
    its URL was:NERD Hypnotize U | Gorilla Leak

I Came back to LF but did not type in my user name and password like I usually do and another pop up appeared and I took a screenshot! The second URL was:
    Matheus Parizi Carvalho | Directors Live

These are the LF pop ups that I encountered today!!!
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 11-20-2010 at 04:24 PM.
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    What pop ups?
    My eyes are not as quick as I would like but i think that the pop ups are coming from rtssparkstudio.com !!! Does LF have an advertiser by that name???
    Linux user # 414321

I think I have seen the ad you are referring to and I think it's actually a pop under. We do have ads in place, that's how the bills get paid and there isn't a whole lot we can do about it. We Mods and Trusted Penguins have no idea who serves or sponsors our ads, that's all done by the forum owners, MasMedia.

Well Mike it is getting aggravating. If I wait for LF to finish loading and I click to log in a massive pop up takes almost the whole screen up and I am forced to get rid of it before I can log in. What other schemes are coming down the pike?

Elija had me put Ad block into my Seamonkey browser which has thankfully stopped the pop ups from appearing here!!!
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 11-22-2010 at 01:26 AM.
    Linux user # 414321

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Elija had me put Ad block into my Seamonkey browser which has thankfully stopped the pop ups from appearing here!!!
    AdBlock Plus is a mandatory add-on for me and it's the first thing that gets added to Firefox any time I'm setting up a new box. I was under the impression that you were already using it and had been doing so for a year, or so. Either way, problematic ads will likely get much quicker attention if they are discussed in the Feedback Forum rather than the Coffee Lounge.
    oz

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast