Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
HI everyone! As Linux Counter user # 487069 , I feel it is my duty to inform all other active but forgetful members that it's that time for you to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Linux Counter Renewals!

HI everyone!
    As Linux Counter user # 487069, I feel it is my duty to inform all other active but forgetful members that it's that time for you to renew your Linux counter issued number, which is supposed to be done by logging into your account once per year to keep it active. Two years ago, my account had expired and I could no longer login to renew my account. So I sent the Linux Counter team an email, with my Counter number, email, and other info.....they renewed my account for me! I was so happy that I got to keep my original number, so don't lose yours!
    Linux Counter: Home Page

Cool Link for the day:
    Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test
    Use Pingtest.net to determine the quality of your broadband Internet connection. Streaming media, voice, video communications, and online gaming require more than just raw speed. Test your connection now to get your Pingtest.net rating and share the result with others!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks for the reminder because I always forget to renew mine.
    oz

I usually get an email from them reminding me to login. But I just did anyway.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

I read the wiki on counter user, sounds great. Answers, kinda, the thread on measuring linux use. I just registered. Thanks!
    Last edited by MASONTX; 11-15-2010 at 05:27 PM. Reason: Found answer

oz
    forum.guy
    Ok, just logged in to keep my account with them active but really wish we could use our email address as a user ID and use a personalized password rather than the ones they issue themselves. Oh well, at least my original account is still active.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Ok, just logged in to keep my account with them active but really wish we could use our email address as a user ID and use a personalized password rather than the ones they issue themselves. Oh well, at least my original account is still active.
    I thought the same thing about the passwords...I'm sure they have a reason for it though. We used to be able to set our own password.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    Oops... I just went there to check it out but they wanted me to install both, Flash and Java, and I usually don't install either of them so I'll have to try it some other time. Hopefully, they'll reduce their requirements and make it easy on me.
    oz

Linux User #270181 appreciates your reminder, and will stop speaking in third person eventually. Really, he will.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Registered Linux user something has forgotten his number, what email address he signed up with but ironically remembers his password
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by elija View Post
    Registered Linux user something has forgotten his number, what email address he signed up with but ironically remembers his password
    Just guessing, but if you didn't hide your registration info there, you might be able to drill down into the registrations they have on file and eventually find your info, or at least enough of it to get your account back. Might take some serious digging effort, though.
    oz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast