Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've just put this up on Elija's Fifth Continent site, in case anyone wants to use it. The main difference from barbarella 2 is that I've completely rewritten the mount ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Thumbs up Now barbarella 3.0

I've just put this up on Elija's Fifth Continent site, in case anyone wants to use it. The main difference from barbarella 2 is that I've completely rewritten the mount tool. It can now handle lines in /etc/fstab for user-mountable disks that specify them by UUID or label rather than traditional device name. It uses libblkid to turn this into a device name for the actual display.

Modern distros seem to prefer UUIDs - personally I think they're a pain in the neck.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Hey Hazel, good to hear you're still workin on Barbarella. I'm away for the weekend but I look forward to trying it out when I get back

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    Hazel, speaking of Barbarella, I was just noodling about my archives and found an ISO image of the DVD. That was such a wild movie! Didn't the band Duran Duran take their name from the character in the movie?
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!