Find the answer to your Linux question:
My name is Peter, and I am currently an MCSA in Microsoft, and work for a non for profit Charterschool as an administrator and desktop support - short for a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Greetings to all.

My name is Peter, and I am currently an MCSA in Microsoft, and work for a non for profit Charterschool as an administrator and desktop support - short for a do it all and get no credit or further training. I have always loved the idea of Linux, and now I have taken the plunge. Not sure where to start, what's available, but I am excited to be a part of the community.

Peter

Happy Thanksgiving

Welcome Peter. If you go to distrowatch.com, they have hundreds of different linux distros you can download. The top 100 are listed in order on the right hand side of the page, and the search function lets you select distro's based on your criteria, such as beginner, older computers, etc. Ubuntu or Mint are both popular distro's for people new to linux, but many people such as myself download 20 or more distro's and try them out as live cd's before making a choice. Have fun with it.
    Registered Linux user #526930