Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I never saw my panel shuddering because of this notification, at least in my Fedora and Mint box at home, and Win box at office, so can't really see where ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I never saw my panel shuddering because of this notification, at least in my Fedora and Mint box at home, and Win box at office, so can't really see where the problem lies, with Firefox or the OS.

In gnome, the menu system-->preferences-->appearance
    you can select higher or lower levels of eye candy.
    I'm not sure if firefox respects this setting or does its own thing.
    I get the "downloads complete" notification, but without any
    special effects.

The panel I use is pypanel, running on top of openbox. It's quite possible that the shuddering is a weakness of this particular program - a consequence of not being able to redraw itself fast enough to cope with the movement of the update notifier. But shouldn't they have been aware of the possibility of complications of this sort when they put in a notifier that interacts with trhe panel?
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by hazel View Post
    The panel I use is pypanel, running on top of openbox. It's quite possible that the shuddering is a weakness of this particular program - a consequence of not being able to redraw itself fast enough to cope with the movement of the update notifier. But shouldn't they have been aware of the possibility of complications of this sort when they put in a notifier that interacts with trhe panel?
    Now that you mention it, back when I was searching the web for a solution to that pypanel bug that you and I discussed recently in another thread, I remember reading multiple reports regarding pypanel users that were complaining about the flickering panel issue, so that might be another bug that will never be fixed in pypanel unless someone writes a patch for it.
    oz

I am Biased; I do not use firefox or opera browsers because they are over-bearing!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2