Find the answer to your Linux question:
w w w .jolicloud. c o m Jolicloud doesn't support out of the box yet for live USB.. I've contacted the developers and they think it could work but haven't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Want to create a Live USB for Jolicloud..

w w w .jolicloud. c o m

Jolicloud doesn't support out of the box yet for live USB.. I've contacted the developers and they think it could work but haven't thought about trying it yet. Their recommendation was to try and make it work myself, which I have no experience in.

So. Does anyone have any guidance or thoughts on how to accomplish this? Could I install to a partition on a PC, and just copy the contents of the partition to a USB drive? Does the distro need to be re-written?

I honestly have no idea...

Side note, it's to be installed on a HP T5300 that only has a 32mb flash drive for space. I have a 4GB USB drive I want to install Joli to..

Er, I was just using Jolicloud live off a USB a couple minutes ago. Are you meaning you want persistence, so your changes last between reboots?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    Er, I was just using Jolicloud live off a USB a couple minutes ago. Are you meaning you want http s:// wiki. ubuntu. com/LiveUsbPendrivePersistent"]persistence, so your changes last between reboots?
    Yes, that is what i mean.. Persistent.

I haven't been able to get it to boot to Joli from USB yet. I created a joli usb using the the Pendrive utility application however it never boots in. Starting to wonder if Joli is compatible with this thin client (HP T5300)

I'm not familiar with the pendrive utility application, but unetbootin works and is available for Windows and Linux. Are you trying to make the live usb from Windows?

By default unetbootin doesn't do persistence but you should be able to do it with a few tweaks. (I haven't tried this though.)

From an Ubuntu or Ubuntu-based system (like jolicloud), you can also use usb-creator-gtk, which has a check box for persistence. Given that Jolicloud is based on Ubuntu, it seems like it ought to work.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    I'm not familiar with the pendrive utility application, but unetbootin works and is available for Windows and Linux. Are you trying to make the live usb from Windows?

By default unetbootin doesn't do persistence but you should be able to do it with a few tweaks. (I haven't tried this though.)

From an Ubuntu or Ubuntu-based system (like jolicloud), you can also use , which has a check box for persistence. Given that Jolicloud is based on Ubuntu, it seems like it ought to work.
    Through Windows..

I can always create a quick vmware setup with ubuntu and do it that way so I dont have to deal with tweaks and etc. Seems easier to do, and sounds like you're right - seems like it ought to work?