Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes
Very nice, roky! I like the conky output lining the top....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Very nice, roky!
    I like the conky output lining the top.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Just Joined!
    rokytnji I like the wallpaper nice shot

Debian-6.0 with KDE4. Wasn't the most successful experience, but I am still going to clone it and keep it saved for the time being.

Dapper Dan likes this.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Screenshot.jpg
    I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 with the default gnome desktop. I found the wallpaper from the "get more backgrounds online" button in the appearances editor. (link here: GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project) the theme is a custom one made
    from glowing-green 1.0 controls, Metagrip for the windows borders, smooth gnome for the icons, and the default pointer.
    There are some problems I have with it, occasionally I need to tweak it to be able to actually see what I am typing.

Love the low ram and CPU usage with Browser open on my IBM T23 Laptop.

fluxbox.jpg
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Decided to see what all the fuss was about. This is a persistent pendrive of Ubuntu 11.10 on a 2 gig Kingston Data Traveler made with Ubuntus pendrive installer. So far I have booted it up on the wifes Acer dual core Windows 7 Laptop and this screenshot is off of My motorcycle shop dual core IBM M57. Still getting used to how Unity is different from Gnome 2. Figured a test drive was in order. So far my wireless cards in both computers work out of the box. Curious is as curious does.

screeny

If I ever decide to go with Ubuntu 12 LTS. I will probably opt for the minimal install cd/usb and Icewm and Fluxbox it.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I finally got fed up with how heavy KDE is. It seems to become less stable over time per install. Admittedly, I don't know if the issues arise from KDE or the eye candy I install on it. Either way, after being really impressed with an LMDE install on my laptop mini, I decided to switch to it for a while.

Dapper Dan likes this.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Wireless Dumpster Dived Wireless Desktop (32bit Emachines, I found 2 but it took both to cherry out this one), runs like a raped ape.AntiX 11 i686 Base Iso Fluxbox with LXPanels. Pretty nice combo. It is my extra M/C shop Desktop.

Total Cost and investment. $12.00 for a 1 gig ram upgrade (which was a fiasco/hassle), $1.00 for Goodwill IBM M style Keyboard, $1.00 Goodwill Optical mouse. Free Dell 19" CRT (Sister gave it to me). I had a extra wireless usb laying around.

Pentium 4 single core, DVDRW,Multi Flash Card reader,6 usb 2.0, 120GIG IDE Hard Drive.

Model: 3507

This baby plays streaming movies smoothly with imbedded

Code:
    Graphics:  Card: ATI RC410 [Radeon Xpress 200] X.Org: 1.11.1.902 driver: radeon Resolution: 1024x768@85.0hz
    Works just as good as my dual core 64bit IBM M57 Ubuntu 10.04 LTS amd64 install with this setup. I like it!
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Hella good deal and it looks very nice, Roky. For a second there I thought,,HEY where can I get Google Music Player!?! Then I saw it said Goggle, not Google.
    Nice work.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Debian
    DE, XFCE; style, XFCE-4.0; icons, nuoveXT2.2; fount, Middle English; wallpaper, made with GIMP
    Screenshot - 201111 - 07:23:23.jpg
    Screenshot - 201111 - 07:26:47.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    rokytnji likes this.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast